twenty-six: sector 6 horror

THIRD PERSON VIEW

The careers had been walking in complete silence for about an hour now.

The third quarter-quell arena was designed as some sort of clock, with a new horror by the hour. Luckily for the careers, they headed anti-clockwise, therefore they hadn't run into any of the horrors as of yet.

They had now entered Sector 6 of the arena when Enobaria spoke up to the group, "Let's take a break." as she picked a large tree to lean down against.

No one else said another word as they all sat down and ate the remainder of their food given by sponsors.

Not even a minute later, an electric chime caught their attention as another sponsor made its way to them.

Katia was the one to catch it as she opened it to see who it was for. But before she could even open it, two more sponsors made its way over to the group. The sponsor in Katia's hands was gifted for her from a fan from the Capitol. Inside was a bottle of water which she gladly took and drank from.

Meanwhile, the two other sponsors were given to Brutus and Cashmere but since all of their sponsors contained either food or water, they all decided to just share amongst the group.

They rested there for about an hour as they watched the sun start to slightly make an appearance. Cashmere smiled to herself as she admired the beautiful coloured sky as her head rested on her brother's shoulder.

The peace and quiet was soon interrupted when sounds of trees breaking caught Katia's attention. "Did you hear that?" She whispered loud enough for everyone to hear as she looked around cautiously.

"N-" Before Brutus could even get a syllable out, Katia immediately shushed him and gestured to everyone to stay quiet. The others couldn't hear anything and Brutus was about to speak up once again when the sound of breaking trees neared them even more.

Once everyone had heard the sound, Katia signed to everyone to stay quiet and not make a sound. She had a slight grin on her face as she readied a knife from her stash, with her spear on the other hand, prepared to throw at a tribute.

Loud footsteps started to near them as Katia slowly and cautiously stood up. Once she could slightly outline some sort of figure from behind the trees, it finally hit her that this was no tribute.

Before she could even say a word to warn her allies, a colossal roar echoed through the arena.

Cashmere screamed as loud as she could when the creature had finally revealed itself from the trees as some sort of monster mutt.

It was about 20 feet away from them when they grabbed as much as they could while Katia yelled for everyone to run.

To cause a distraction, she carelessly threw one of her knives in the direction of the mutt, hitting it right in the shoulder. Unfortunately for them, the mutt seemed unbothered by the knife and instead roared even louder as it chased after them.

They were making steady progress towards sector 5, but with the mutt's enormous size, it was able to take larger steps towards the careers. In addition to this, the ground would shake and some trees would fall in result to when its feet would hit the ground.

As a cause of this, when they were so close to getting away, one of the trees fell and caused another one to fall with it. But as it fell, one of the branches hit Gloss straight in the back which caused him to stumble and fall to the ground and knock him unconscious.

The group had yet to realise what had happened to Gloss until the mutt roared and bared its gross and yellow teeth at his unconscious body. This grabbed Cashmere's attention as her eyes widened at the sight. She wasted no time turning around to save her brother.

Katia noticed how she stopped running as she also stopped to look behind her. Once she processed what was happening, she motioned for her friends to help their allies.

Cashmere managed to get out an arrow despite her stressed manor, and aimed it at the mutt's groin. This didn't damage it much, but it managed to make it stumble back a few steps, giving Brutus the perfect opportunity to run and grab Gloss.

Meanwhile, once the mutt regained its balance, it roared loudly towards Cashmere, who screamed out in fear. Luckily, this gave Katia the perfect opportunity to take her knife and throw it inside it's enormous mouth.

Enobaria on the other hand, ran through its legs before sinking in her sharpened teeth into the back of its heal, breaking one of its tendons.

The mutt roared once again but this time in pain, as it threw its arms back. Katia noticed Gloss' sword laying on the ground where he previously fell and wasted no time running for it while the mutt was distracted.

She was now inches away from the monster mutt when she used the sword to slice and cut off one of its arms then using it again to pierce through its neck.

Not knowing if it was enough to stop it, Katia yelled for the two girls to run as she also ran with them, not daring to look back.

Once they had finally reached sector 5 and was reunited with Brutus and Gloss who seemed to just wake up, they all breathed out tiredly.

"What the hell was that horrifying ugly thing." Cashmere said in between breaths. Everyone stayed quiet, not really knowing themselves as they all took a moment to catch their breaths.

"It looked almost as ugly as your parade outfit."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N: Credits to "Tales of the hunger games" by Christian Blanco on youtube for the scene inspo for this chapter.

If you haven't already, I most definitely recommend listening to his playlist, Its so good I love it so so much

Here's the link if you have trouble finding it <3
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNPJ13f03EYRAJTfCghIxFqO3-3HlPpKq