five: stylists

I woke up in the morning around 7, and walked out of my room to the kitchen where Pam, Mags and Finnick were already eating breakfast at the table.

"Hey Kat, come eat." Finnick said as he spotted me first.

We all ate breakfast before me and Finnick were dragged out to get cleaned up and waxed. It felt strange to have this done again, it's like memories are flooding back in to when 14 year old me laid here years ago.

Once they had finished, we were brought to seperate rooms to wait for our stylist per usual. I was very excited to see Quelly again, she helped me win the games as much as anyone.

FLASHBACK

I hugged my stylist Quelly tightly, not wanting to ever let go. "Tributes into your tubes in 2 minutes!"

I stepped back from her, on the verge of tears. "Hey Princess look at me, I believe in you, just remember what I said to you," Quelly placed her arms on either side of my shoulders, trying her best to keep me calm.

"Before you go to kill someone, turn it off. Turn off all the emotions your feeling and remind yourself that this is what is needed to be done in order to survive and go back to your family. Ok?" I nodded at her words.

"If you ever have doubts about anything, think about how your mom, dad and brother are waiting in district 4 for you to return home to them." After she spoke, the speakers announced again, "Tributes in your tubes in 1 minute!"

"Thank you Quelly, for everything. If I die, I want you to tell Finnic-" Before I could finish, Quelly placed her hand over my mouth stopping me from continuing.

"Shh. You're going to tell him that yourself." She said as she guided me to the tube.

I sighed as I got in, letting go of her hand.

This was it.

As soon as I stepped in, the tube closes and starts going up. Quelly smiled at me and mouths "You got this Princess." before I couldn't see her anymore.

END OF FLASHBACK

Once the door opened I excitedly stood up from the couch I was sitting on to see Quelly, but the person who walked in was some one completely different.

"Hi Katia, i'm Monty, your stylist for this year's games." The girl had bright yellow curly hair that barely reached her shoulders. Her outfit was a mix of bright pink and an ugly yellow that did not look good whatsoever.

How can I trust her to be my stylist when she can't even style herself?

"Where's Quelly?" I said blankly.

She chuckled before answering, "Honey, Quelly hasn't been styling the tributes since the 72nd games."

Oh.

I tried my best not to show any emotion as she sat me down and started on my make up, even though I was dissapointed and sad in the inside.

Once she finished my makeup and was about to move on to my hair, the doors burst open.

"Monty you're dismissed, I'm here now." The person at the door said.

I turned around and there she was with her long straight blue hair that complimented her outfit.

I tried to contain myself from running up and engulfing her into a tight hug while Monty was here, but if she won't leave in 10 seconds I'll kick her ass out the door.

"Quelly? What are you doing here they said you retired?" Monty asked, not expecting her to appear all of a sudden.

"Well only I get to have the privilege of styling Katia Odair so you're good to go." She said. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as Monty rolled her eyes and left the room.