twelve: big arguments

"Hey you two, we need to have an important chat." Pam said as soon as Finnick and I stepped into our living quarters.

We had just finished our first day of training.

"Sure, what about?" Finnick asked as we both sat down in the living room next to each other, Pam standing in front of us.

"First of all, Mags isn't doing too well, she's sick but I had a doctor come by earlier and he said she's going to be ok, she just needs to rest a lot." Pam explained.

Finnick and I turne to face each other with concerned looks on our faces, worried about our only parent figure. "What happened to her? Shouldn't she be sent back to district 4 if she's not well enough?" I asked with a concerned tone.

"We're 90% sure it's from being back here at the Capitol. She has endured a lot of trauma too, we assume it's all just coming back to her. All the memories."

"I sent in a request to take her back home, but President Snow denied it. So all we can do now is just let her rest this whole trip." Pam answered.

Although Pam was a Capitol citizen, she showed that she really cared about our district and the people in it, including us and Mags.

I slowly nodded my head at her words, reminding myself not to disrupt her later. Mags also developed major PTSD from the arena, but she had been almost a decade since she last mentored, and for someone her age, it must be giving her flashbacks.

"Now what I wanted to say, is that because of Mags' absence, I will be her replacement. -Or i'll try to." Pam announced. Although she wasn't a victor, she'd been doing this long enough that I let her continue.

"So, first and for most, we need to talk about your allies. Katia, the whole of Panem are on the edge of their seats, dying to find out who you will be with in the arena. Can you finally confirm your allies?"

I sighed, hating the fact that was the only subject about me everyone cared about nowadays.

I usually couldn't care less about people's opinions about me, but as a tribute, the Capitol's opinions are the one thing that matters.

And I wasn't sure of what they thought about my decision.

Some would call me a genius for siding with the careers, while some will call me a traitor for abandoning my district partner.

"You can tell them that I will be joining the career pack." I tell Pam. Finnick's head immediately turned to face me.

"So you're actually serious about this whole thing? You're really leaving me for them?" He asked. I looked down at my feet and avoided his gaze.

"I've told you time and time again Finnick, I don't want to be your ally if district 12 is one of yours." I explained, finally meeting his eyes as I spoke.

"But I'm your brother!"

"And Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are my enemies!"

Finnick abruptly stood up from his seat and walked away angrily.

Before he closed his bedroom door, he spoke up. "Tell them i've not decided!" He yelled, before slamming the door.

I sighed at his little tantrum and leaned back to rest my head on the couch. Pam walked away towards the elevator while shaking her head, leaving me alone.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

2 days later

It had been two days since me and Finnick's argument and he had barely spoke a word to me since.