seven: haymitch abernathy

As soon as the parade finished and we were away from the eyes of the Capitol, I immediately hopped off the chariot.

"Going to find Johanna." Was all I said to Finnick as I walked away.

I was making my way to the elevator when I heard someone to my right call out my name. I turned to my right and saw Haymitch Abernathy, from District 12 waving at me and motioning me to come to him.

Haymitch and I met during the 68th annual hunger games victor's party.

FLASHBACK

I was sitting on one of the couches that was partly hidden from everyone else.

Enobaria, my new friend, had gone off to find her bestfriend Brutus I think his name was, apparently he was a bad drunk so she had to get to him before things got hectic.

Who knows where Finnick is.

I was just sitting quietly observing everyone around me, when I felt a body sit down next to me.

I immediately turned to the side to see a man with long hair that reached his shoulders and what seemed to be his fourth drink in his hand.

"Hey beautiful, what's your name?" He spoke.

Great. Please don't be another pervert.

"Surprised you don't know who I am." I said. The man gave me an odd look and thought for a while as he inspected my appearance.

"Oh you're that little devil. Very entertaining to say the least, I especially loved how you killed the two careers, very impressive."
He complimented.

Now it was my turn to look at him weirdly. "I-i'm sorry, and who are you?"

"Haymitch Abernathy. Victor from 12." Oh. I didn't even know district 12 had victors.

I didn't know what to say back to him since he already knew who I was, so I just nodded my head.

"Want some?" He asked motioning to the drink in his hand.

"I'm 14."

"So?"

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hey Haymitch." I said as I approached him. I had a smile on my face, excited to see my old friend, that was until I saw Katniss and Peeta Mellark standing beside him. Then my smile was wiped away.

"Hey little devil, how've you been?" Haymitch replied as he hugged me.

"I'm good." I said blankly as I gave Everdeen a glare. She just looked away.

"Why didn't you come visit me? Heard you were in 7 for a long time so initially I thought you would pay me a visit before you returned home."

"Oh I'm so sorry Haymitch. Trust me I would've loved to visit you but I had some important duties back at district 2." I replied.

"It's all good, now, I want you to meet my tributes." He said as he motioned towards Katniss and Peeta who was standing awkwardly next to him.
"You two, this is the one and only Katia Odair."

I smile at both of them, pretending I didn't just threaten one of them an hour ago.

"Nice to meet you both."

"Now little devil, everyone and including me are dying to know who you will stick with this year. Why don't you come over later and we can talk about allies?"

Seriously? I love Haymitch but he couldn't possibly think that I would be allies with Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark.

I turned around towards the district 1 and 2 chariots where Cashmere, Gloss, Enobaria and Brutus was standing. I made eye contact with Gloss who gave me a weird look as he noticed I was standing with district 12.

I turned back to face Haymitch and placed my left hand on his shoulder. "Sorry Haymitch, I have somewhere to be tonight."

Haymitch probably wasn't surprised with me turning down his offer, but I could tell he was still a little bit dissapointed.

He gave me a small smile and I returned the favour before walking away and towards the elevator.

I had already made it to our floor when I remembered that I was meant to find Johanna. Damn it.

It's ok i'll just go before heading to the careers.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A few hours had gone by and me and Finnick were just chilling in the living room while Mags was resting in her bedroom.

"Hey Kat I'm going up to meet Haymitch, wanna come?" Finnick asked as he stood up.

I scoffed and looked away from him at the words that just came out of his mouth. 

"Seriously Finnick? You're actually serious about being allies with district 12?"

"Whatever Katia. If you don't want to stick with us then that's fine, just don't kill any of us." Before he could even let me reply, he opened the door and shut it.

I just groaned.

He is such a pain.

I looked at the time and because I didn't have anything better to do, I decided to go visit Johanna. This whole time, I still have yet to see her.

I got up from the couch and walked out side and towards the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for it impatiently.

Once the elevator door opened, I noticed both the tributes from district 3 were inside. I didn't say anything and just hopped inside and pressed the seventh floor.

It was silent. They were definitely talking about something private because they immediately stopped talking as soon as I walked in.

It was a very awkward silence but as soon as we got to the seventh floor, I immediately got out.

I didn't look back and instead continued to walk until I made it to District 7's door.

I knocked and just waited patiently for someone to come answer. But no answer. I knocked again, this time a bit louder. Still no answer. I was about to knock again for the third time when the double doors finally burst open.

I was expecting to see either Blight or Johanna but instead, a girl with a white pixie haircut opens it.

"Lemme guess, you're Katia. From district 4." She said with a bored expression as she eyed me up and down.

"Yeah I am. And who are you and where's Johanna?" I replied, with the same tone as her.

She rolled her eyes and yawned. "Lace Keen. Johanna Mason's stylist. Both Johanna and Blight left like a few minutes ago and before you ask no I don't know where they went."

I groaned and just walked away from the annoying prick. 

Where the hell would they go? They couldn't have gone to the training centre because no one's allowed to go in their until training officially starts.

As I walked back to the elevator, I thought about where I should go and decided that I should just hang out in 2 with E and Brute.

Im just hoping they didn't dissapear too.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•

1135 words!