Chapter Sixteen

Ebony's Pov
Soft little audible coos left my lips quietly, pacing gently in the living room with quiet like footsteps patting at Danilie's bottom trying to calm down her little hysterics of cries. I had the motherly instincts in me I could feel it, I should be able to act quickly on why she was crying but nothing was working she had already ate, I had burped her. Her diaper wasn't full or wet.

I felt like my mind was in scrambles like my inner self was trying to hate myself even more. Like I couldn't even take care of my own children.  Jack had taken a bath, been put to bed and fast to sleep in a speedy time while his sister was having a little harder time. It had been like this for a few days since Aaron and the team left.

I suppose this was the postpartum depression they spoke about. I exhaled again roughly, moving her closer to my chest exhaling as I muttered over and over rocking her closer to me. "It's okay sweetie it's okay.. I just need to figure out what's wrong baby that's all." I whimpered sinking down into the couch rough like. Her wails seemed to grow louder.

I felt so useless in this moment, I found my own tears of frustration leaving me. I took her tiny body in my arms placing her in the little bassinet we had resting in the living room placing herself down just for a moment to grab my ringing phone off the coffee table. Answering the blaring device hiccuping through a soft cry.

"Aaron? Hey babe nows not a really good time right now can I call you back." I begged hoping to hide the tremble of my own sobs leaving my lips. I could hear him taking a pause, before I was rushing back over to Danielle to hold her in my one arm close again.

"It sounds like you are having trouble sweetheart. I slipped out of the room tell me what's going on?" I dropped my head down in a defeated like exhale crying quietly.

"I'm struggling taking care of our own children Aaron I'm a mother now. I should be able to do this but Danielle and her cries she hates me she's been crying non stop since you've left nothing is working and I'm just scared." Another hiccup tore from my throat looking down at her face, her cries were slightly settling down just a bit.

"Calm down honey and breath with me okay? One breath in and one breath out repeat and follow while listening to my voice? Both of my girls just listen to me okay." I once again sank back down into the couch comfort taking deep breaths in and out, steady I listened to my heartbeat and the hums before focusing on rocking her calming down form.

"You are just under some stress right now baby. She doesn't hate you and you aren't a bad mother you are suffering through postpartum depression all women experience or after birth. You just have to take it one step at a time, remember don't do it all at once. She's a baby she can't tell you what's wrong but you aren't doing anything wrong maybe she just wants you to talk to her like we do at night okay? Just keep breathing and it will be alright." I found myself nodding at his voice and words looking back down at her.

A soft smile took over my face at the way her round eyes stared up at me. I used my free finger to gentle wipe away the remains off her face. "I'm so sorry sweetie.. " I apologized to her a sad chuckle leaving from my lips quietly, listening as Aaron asked me to place him on speaker. With a click of the receiver his phone was flowing out.

"Now my special little pooh bear I know you can't help it and you don't want your mom sad, she is trying her best, you promised to be a good girl while I was away and I promise if  you are on your best behavior daddy won't leave for a while okay." I smiled sadly at the sight of her eyes growing heavy and sleepy like, before she was drifting off to sleep in my arms.

"Total daddy's girl." I found myself chuckling taking a deep exhale out, hearing his own chuckles out.

"I think she just likes my voice, is she sleep now?" I found myself nodding my head even more with a soft exhale.

"Drifted off right when you spoke, Jack is also sleep in his room. I'm sorry Aaron I just panicked and yeah." His soft hums were all I heard in a soft tone he spoke.

"It's not your fault the stress happens alright honey don't put yourself down. We have a couple leads so my best bet is Friday, I want you to take a bath and relax later for me I mean it alright." I shook with a quiet laugh exhaling with a breath.

"Bossing me around even when you are states awake? Thank you babe I mean it."

"I love you Ebony and I'll be happy to help whenever I can, once you are done with your bath and have you time call me again and I'll talk the night away, I want both my girls to get some sleep and my little man alright?"

"I love you so much Aaron you have no idea."