chapter 12

The alpha's house was located 3 miles away. It wasn't that far which was good when there was an emergency. Right now, it felt like it was a million miles away.

Joe took my hand and led me to his car. "Alpha Knightly is a great start to introduce you to the rest of the pack. If he accepts you then the rest of the pack will to. That will make your stay here a lot easier." He told me after he joined me in his F 150, gold pickup.

"I can understand that after what you have been telling me about the pack structure, but I don't want to cause you any problems. What if this Alpha does not want a human around his pack? Wouldn't it be better if I didn't meet anyone else and just stayed to myself?"

"No, you need to see the rest of the pack and continue to heal. My time with you has been fun but at some point, you are going to get tired of that house and want to see more. I don't want you to be so inverted that you are too afraid to step a foot on the porch." Joe responded after he put the car in gear.

"I wont if we can stay at your house and not go to this dinner." I responded under my breath as I turned in my seat and watched the landscape pass us by.

"I heard that, and you will, I can see it in your moves every time I take you outside to stretch your legs. You are waiting for that bastard King to come and take you, but I promise that won't happen."

"How can you promise something like that when he even got you. I don't trust I can have this life you have given me." I quickly slap a hand over my mouth realizing I had told the truth and just now realized what my problem was. How could I trust that Joe could protect me? I know he has helped me, but he was captured to. Yes, he escaped but He was still caught.

Joe stops walking and pulls me in for a hug. "Morgan you are going to be okay. Even if I couldn't protect you, the Alpha can. He just needs to meet you first. Please come and meet him. I promise that if anything happens, I will take you out of the house and we can come back to my house and you will never have to meet any other new pack member for as long as I am alive."

I hug him back but don't say anything. I let him open the car door and I sit in the passenger seat and buckle up. He moves to the driver seat. After buckling himself he starts the car and heads out of the driveway and heads towards the Alpha's house. The landscape is amazing. The tall pine trees sway in the wind and for some reason this grass looks fuller as we pass it. Off in the distance I can see some cows and pigs, making me think that one of the pack members must be a farmer. The drive was quiet though. Neither one of us wanted to talk.

I understood what Joe was doing but I didn't have to like it. I was almost back to myself. Once I was 100% I knew I could head back to my world and not have to worry about anything. Yes my life sucked but at least it made sense.

We reached the Alphas house faster than I had wanted and Joe was a gentleman still and helped me form the car. He stayed on my right side as we walked up to the house. A tall man with, a kind face opened the door. He had ocean blue eyes, short, black hair, and what appeared to be laugh lines on his face. It took me off guard and I stumbled back for a moment.

This Alpha just stood there and watched as Joe nudged me forwards and bowed his head to the man. "Hello Alpha Knightly, it is good to see you again. How are you doing?" Joe asked the man.

"I am good Joe, thank you for accepting my invite for dinner tonight." He turned his head to look at me. "It is nice to meet you. Joe has told me a few things about you and I am interested in learning more about you." He said to me as he held his hand out to shake mine.

I took his hand, it felt strong. I didn't like it. I had a bad feeling about this guy and wasn't going to take my eye off him. Letting go, he moved to the side and allowed us to enter. Joe went first and I followed with Alpha Knightly behind me. He was a little to close for comfort and I got closer to joe in response. I hated feeling this weak in front of these men but I knew I was no match for them.

"Dinner will be ready shortly." Alpha Knightly said causing me to jump. Joe rubbed my back calming me down. "Sorry didn't mean to make you jump child." I just nod my head in response. My legs where shaking very slightly. Looking around I noticed all the artwork on the walls. The walls themselves where a light off color white. Not really white but not tan either something in between the two. The artwork was amazing. Some where portraits while others where of different places. I stood there mesmerized by it all. Behind me I didn't notice that the Alpha had gotten closer until I felt a breathe on the back of my neck. Jumping again I retreated a few steps inwardly cursing myself for being weak again.

"I am sorry again for making you jump child, I mean you no harm while you are here. Ask Joe I am mostly even tempered and do not go after my beta's woman." He held his hands up trying to show he meant no harm but the more he did the more afraid of him I became.

Flashbacks of my time held by the king of vampires start and before I can help myself I am running out the door and down the driveway. I don't stop or hear as Joe runs after me and tackles me to the ground. I fight him not seeing him as him but rather one of the guards back at the palace. Kicking and screaming he is able to hold me still and I start to come back to the present. Once I realize where I am at and my heart rate slows down I blackout. I could feel someone pick me up and carry me back. I had no control over my body. It felt like I was floating on air. The sound was muffled and I couldn't make what was being said but soon the person carrying me moved again. My body was laid down on something soft and I am guessing a blanket was put on me. Someone lifted my head and placed a pillow under it. I could still hear the voices but could not make out the words. It seems like they are going to stay with me until I can move my body again.

One voice gets father away, almost like they are walking out of the room. It gets quiet for a while, and nothing happens. I can feel that I am on something, and I can hear but I cannot speak. I cannot move. My sense is getting strong, and I can feel someone moving closer to me. A weight settles on the blanket and in turn over me. Someone leans in close and brushes hair off my face. I want to flinch and move but my body does not allow me to.

The hand that was on my face moves to the side of my neck and down across my breast. I am freaking out but cannot get my body to move away. I do not like this and want it to stop but the hand continues down before stopping at my waist. It traveled under the blanket but not under the clothes.

It stops suddenly and the weight is lifted like the person moved away. My mind is racing trying to figure out who was touching me. Hoping it wasn't Joe but afraid it might have been. Thankfully after I felt nothing and darkness fully took me.