42

Grayson

I have already had six cans of beers and was currently on my seventh when Mitchell brings the cake to the table.

It's a wide, rectangular cake, vanilla frosting with chocolate shavings and it had eighteen lit candles on top of it.

"Happy birthday man." He says, placing it down.

"Thanks man." I say.

Not only am I thankful for the cake that he bought, but I am majorly thankful that he didn't sing the birthday song, otherwise I would have also made it my death day.

"Yeah, happy birthday dude." Says Jonah.

"Happy birthday Gray." Brock clapped me on the shoulder.

"To the birthday boy!" Diego holds up his beer and clinks it with mine before taking an eager sip.

We have barely been home for thirty minutes and I am already starting to feel drunk. Then again, I have always tended to get way more rowdy on my birthday.

Mitchell grabbed a knife from the kitchen and handed it to me. I take it in my right hand whilst holding my can of beer in my left and I cut a slice of cake for myself.

Delicious.

"Great game today!" My teammate named Henry said some time later, playfully punching me on the arm as I finished off my eighth can of beer and scrunched it in my hand.

"Thanks, man." I say, setting the scrunched up can aside and reaching for another one.

"You played amazingly, today." Said Aisha.

She was dressed-to-kill in a satin blue dress that accentuated her curves as she approached me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

She placed a hand on my arm and slowly traces it over my skin, travelling upward towards my forearm, then over my shoulder, then to my neck.

She slowly leans in, and so I lean in to meet her halfway. Our lips collided, and her hands are travelling to my hair.

Dallas

Grayson was liplocked with Aisha Johnson.

I couldn't help but wonder how long this might have been going on for. When he wasn't with me, was he with her?

Who am I even kidding?

We have barely been a thing for that long. Of course he would be making out with a girl he once went on a date with. I think sarcastically.

This is just embarrassing. Utterly embarrassing, so much to the point that I wanted to erase myself from this earthly plane.

I shouldn't even feel this way.

It's not like we said we were exclusive.

I slightly stumble backwards, accidentally bumping into someone. "Sorry." I say before turning around and making my way outside and into the rain.

Grayson

I should not be kissing her. I told her that we weren't a thing anymore, to which she surprisingly agreed, but now we're making out?