Sixteen

" Your majesty

" Your majesty. "

WHILE THE REST of the crew cheered and reunited, a small boat had been unloaded, where Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace, Reepicheep and Olivia got aboard, and sailed to Aslan's country. Near Aslan's country, the water was filled with pretty white flowers. All of them had changed into fresh clothing and were now dry from head to toe.

" So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back? " - Edmund asked, rowing the boat.

" No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it myself. " - Eustace started. - " Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop. "

" It's okay, Eustace. " - Edmund said. - " You are a pretty good dragon. "

Olivia gently placed her hand on Eustace's shoulder. - " What's past is past, what matters is what you're gonna do in the future. "

Eustace smiled at the girl, and Reepicheep said they had arrived. The sight was absolutely marvellous. It was a sandy beach with large waves that had stopped in place while the water went backwards. The boat got to shore, and they jumped off.

The six of them walked towards the waves, but Aslan came from behind them before they reached his country.

" Aslan. " - Eustace noted his presence.

" Welcome, children. You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end. "

" Is this your country? " - Lucy asked.

" No, my country lies beyond. "

" Is my father in your country? " - Caspian asked.

" You can only find that out for yourself, son. " - Aslan answered mysteriously. - " But you should know that if you continue, there is no return. "

The five others looked at Caspian as he walked forward. His hand reached the water, and Caspian took a deep breath. He turned back, with tears in his eyes.

" You're not going? " - Edmund asked, confused.

" I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people. " - Caspian walked towards Aslan. - " I promise to be a better king. "

" You already are. " - Aslan turned his body to the others. - " Children. "

" I think perhaps it's time we went home, actually, Lu. " - Edmund told his sister. He grabbed Olivia's hand and held it.

" But I thought you loved it here. " - Lucy said.

" I do. But I love home and our family as well. They need us. " - Edmund said, almost regretting his words. Olivia hugged Edmund's side, and gently placed her head on his shoulder. He looked at her hopefully. ' You did the right thing. ' - She murmured, and that comforted Edmund.

Reepicheep cleared his throat and jumped forward. - " Your eminence, ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy, but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."

Aslan gently said: " My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be. "

" Your majesty. " - Reepicheep bowed.

" No one could be more deserving. " - Olivia said with a smile.

" It's true. " - Edmund spoke. He bowed, and Reepicheep did the same.

Lucy went ahead and kneeled in the sand. - " May I? " - She asked. Reepicheep nodded, and Lucy engulfed the mouse in a warm embrace.

" Goodbye, Lucy. " - He said.

Olivia stepped forward. Lucy let go of Reep, and Olivia kneeled this time. - " I will always cherish our adventures together, Reepicheep. " - Olivia told him with a smile. - " The same, your majesty. " - Reep bowed, and Olivia waved her hand, in order to show that there was no need for formalities. She raised her palm, and Reepicheep high fived. Olivia laughed, and stepped back.

Eustace came forward this time, and the boy was holding back his tears. " Don't cry. " - Reepicheep said. - " I don't understand. Will I not see you again? Ever? " - Eustace asked, his voice faltering.

" What a magnificent puzzle you are... and a true hero. It has been my honour to fight beside such a brave warrior and a great friend. " - Reepicheep bowed, and Eustace was controlling himself not to cry.

The young mouselin placed his sword in the sand, and headed for the small boat on the water. Reepicheep sailed, and was out of sight in seconds.

Lucy, who had been holding back tears, wiped them away and turned to Aslan. - " This is our last time here, isn't it? " - She asked, afraid of the response.

" Yes. You have grown up, my dear one. Just like Peter and Susan. " - Lucy gently caressed Aslan's ear. Edmund and Olivia approached them.

" Will you visit us in our world? " - Lucy asked the lion.

" I shall be watching you, always. " - Aslan spoke.

Lucy started to cry. - " How? "

" In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason you were brought to Narnia. That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there. "

" Will we meet again? " - Olivia asked from behind Lucy.

" Yes, dear one. One day. " - Aslan let out a mighty roar, and a hole formed in the waves. A portal, Olivia realised.

The four of them walked towards Caspian. - " You're the closest thing I have to family. And that includes you, Eustace. "

" Thank you. " - Eustace smiled, letting out a quiet laugh.

Edmund, Lucy and Olivia gave out their respective hugs to Caspian. Edmund bowed to Aslan, while Lucy and Olivia proceeded to hug the great cat.

Edmund, Lucy and Olivia awaited near the portal, but Eustace turned back and asked Aslan. - " Will I ever come back? "

" Narnia may yet have need of you. " - Aslan said, joining Caspian's side. Eustace nodded, and walked back towards the other three that awaited him by the water.

The four of them walked to the water, but not before stealing a second glance back at Aslan and Caspian. The water engulfed them all, and Olivia suddenly found herself alone in unknown waters.

She swam back to the surface, and found herself back in her room, staring at the painting her grandfather gave her, completely dry as the painting sucked all the water back.

And, with that, Olivia fell to the ground on her knees, and burst out crying.