Fourteen

" Keep away! "

" Keep away! "

THE NEXT MORNING, the brave crew of the dawn treader gathered all their courage and set sail to the dark island. The minotaur, Tavros, asked out loud to no one in particular what they thought was in there. Edmund responded 'our worst nightmares', which did not help in assuring the nervous minotaur. Caspian, adding up, said 'our darkest wishes', and captain Drinian added a 'pure evil' to the account of optimism.

The two boys and Olivia headed to the map room, where the boys got in their armour ( Olivia was already wearing hers, ) and the Kirke girl sharpened their swords and the tip of her spear.

" In case we don't get through this... " - Caspian began saying, getting the attention of the couple. - " I want you both to know that I think of you as my siblings. "

" Me too. " - Edmund and Olivia said at the same time. They both smiled at each other, and Olivia went ahead and helped her fiancée adjusting his armour.

" You gave up your sword. " - Caspian pointed out as Olivia turned to help the Telmarine with his armour this time.

" It wasn't mine to keep. " - Edmund sheepishly responded.

As Olivia let go of Caspian, she nodded to him, and the king smiled. Caspian went and grabbed Peter's sword, and handed it to Edmund. - " You should use this. " - The king pointed out.

" But it's- " - Edmund started protesting, but the other king cut him off.

" Peter would want you to have it. " - The Telmarine said.

Edmund grabbed the sword, and safely placed it in his belt. But, a strap on his shoulder got loose, and the boy tried fixing it with no avail. " Allow me. " - Olivia said, gently grabbing her fiancée's shoulder and adjusting the armour.

" There. " - She said, placing her hands on her hips. She signed, and grinned. - " What would you two be without me? " - Olivia said.

" I don't even want to know. " - Edmund made a face. He wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist, and hugged her side.

—-🌊—-

After everyone was ready, they all rushed to the main deck, except for the ones rowing. Caspian stood up in a a higher part of the deck, near the dragon head and called for everyone's attention.

" No matter what happens here, every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader. " - The king declared. - " Together we have travelled far. Together we have faced adversity. Together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fear's temptations. Be strong. Never give in. Our world- our Narnian lives depend on it. Think of the lost souls we're here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia. "