Nine

" But they need us

" But they need us. All five of us! "

EDMUND PEVENSIE WAS FINALLY AT PEACE. He was finally free to change into comfortable clothes, he was taken care of, he was given a comfortable tent to share with Peter, where he finally got some well deserved rest. He took a long and warm bath, went to the "infirmary", and felt like a rock getting off his shoulder. He stared at the ceiling, where he was reminding himself of home.

He remembered his father, who was out fighting in the war for his family. His mother, who sacrificed so many things just so he and his siblings could go to the professor's house and stay safe. He remembered the professor, and how he was thankful for the man receiving him and his siblings, but he was too grumpy and confused to admit it to himself.

The young boy signed, getting out of the tent quietly. His brother was still asleep, and Edmund wanted to talk to Olivia. To apologise, even though they barely knew one another. If he could, he would simply yell to all of Narnia that he was sorry.

Olivia was helping a few fauns with designing clothing. It wasn't an easy task, but clothing for her was also very important, and it wasn't an easy task to design multiple clothing and to adapt them into different body types, for a Minotaur wouldn't be able to wear the same clothing as a dwarf.

Edmund, when he finally caught her in his camp of vision, had no courage to talk to her. He was intimidated, to say the least. He looked at the girl a few yards away, as she laughed and helped the Narnians with their tasks. He stared in awe at her face, with its traits that seemed so appealing. Her pretty hair that was braided in a unique manner.

He didn't apologise. He had no courage. She seemed so happy at that moment, and he decided to apologise in another moment. One that was more suitable.

The next morning, the Pevensies and Olivia sat down on a made up table, eating their breakfast. Lucy looked to her right, where Edmund was eating toast after toast, like it was the first time the boy had ever eaten one.

" Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed. " - She said, chuckling. Peter was the only one standing, he leaned on a rock and signed.

" I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back. " - The eldest said.

" We're going home? " - Susan asked.

" You are. I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help. " - Peter turned his head to Olivia. - " I'm sure your grandfather misses you too. You can't hide in Narnia forever. " - He said. Olivia looked down, not responding.

" But they need us. All five of us. " - Lucy said, shifting her head and staring at each face around her.

" Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed! "

" Which is why we have to stay. " - Edmund said, surprising Olivia. She tilted her head to the side, curious. - " I've seen what the white witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it. "

Peter looked at his brother. At the same time he wanted them to stay safe, he felt very proud of Edmund for such bravery and empathy.

" I suppose that's it then. " - Susan said as she and Olivia stood up. The two walked to wear their weapons, Susan grabbing her bow and Olivia getting her spear.

" Where are you going? " - Peter asked, looking at the two girls.

" To get in some practice. " - Olivia smirked.

—-🪷—-

Susan and Lucy were having their own conversation as Lucy hit her dagger in the bullseye of the target. Olivia was learning new tricks with her spear, with the help of a few narnians.

The young girl looked at her side, seeing the two girls laughing and giggling. Olivia felt a small tip of envy hit her, for she wanted nothing more than a sister in her life. A sibling, a close relationship. Her heart and soul craved for love and adventure, a basic human necessity.

She saw Edmund and Peter, fighting on a horse and a unicorn, learning to use their swords, barely arriving in Narnia and already getting all of those privileges. She saw their shiny armor and big smiles.

" Come on, Ed. Sword hand up, just like Oreius showed us! " - Peter exclaimed, helping his brother. Peter wanted (nay, needed) his siblings to be able to defend themselves, to make the eldest at least a little bit more relieved.

Mr Beaver came running on the field, stopping right in front of Edmund's black horse. The horse neighed and stood on its two rear legs.

" Woah, horsie! " - Edmund exclaimed, making Olivia scoff. She didn't know Ed wasn't aware that was a talking horse, and at this point, she was practically looking for reasons to hate the boy.

" My name's Phillip. " - The horse answered, calming down and going back to standing on it's four legs.

" Oh, sorry. " - Edmund said, embarrassed. Olivia ran in the direction of the boys, her spear in hand. Beaver wasn't a dumb animal, she knew he would have a good reason to risk himself by entering the training field.

" What is it, Mr Beaver? " - Olivia asked, approaching and standing in front of Phillip. Edmund watched carefully as she ran the back of her hand on her forehead, wiping away the sweat. He felt his cheeks go red, and turned his head to the other side.

" My queen... " - Beaver was worried, fumbling with his paws, deeply troubled with himself. - " You lot better come quick, the witch has requested a meeting with Aslan. " - He blurted out the words.

" Now? " - Olivia queered.

" Yes! She's on her way here at this very moment! "