Six

" I think it's up to us now

" I think it's up to us now. "

" WELL, IT'S GOOD YOU HAVE TROOPS, but we need some fortifications, somewhere to train. " - Said Peter to Caspian, who were both leading the way back to where they were taking refuge.

" So, what are they like? " - Asked Trufflehunter to Trumpkin.

" Malcontents, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning. " - he responded.

" Oh, so you like them, then. " - Said the other dwarf.

" Well enough. "

Lucy and Reep smiled, walking behind the two dwarfs and the badger. Edmund and Olivia were in front of them, talking and giggling. They were holding hands, and it made the dwarfs behind them wonder if they were dating or if they were married.

Suddenly, they arrived at a vast and wide open grassy field, which in the middle, stood Aslan's how, a large rocky "building".

The monarchs of old and Caspian formed a line as they watched the how, and the centaur, Glenstorm, appeared by their side and started talking:

" It's been abandoned for hundreds of years. " - The group shifted their gaze to the dark skinned half horse half human by their side. - " only the mice know of its existence. "

As they arrived, a line of centaurs formed on the top of the ramp, and they all unsheathed their swords. They formed an arc with their swords, allowing for the kings and queens of old to pass. Caspian stood his ground as the five started walking, watching and smiling at the centaurs.

Inside, they found a large number of Narnians ( mainly Minotaurs and fauns ) working at the weaponry station. Peter, Edmund and Olivia stopped on their tracks and watched as the Narnians worked.

" It may not be what you're used to, but it is defensible. " - Said Caspian.

" Peter. You might want to see this. " - Called Susan, her head emerging from a corridor on the other side of the room.

On the walls, we're various illustrations of them. There was a scene of the coronation, and each of them standing next to their respective thrones. Another one of Susan and Lucy on Aslan's back. One of Edmund and Olivia kissing in the middle of the battlefield, and Olivia recalled the war against Zartar.

Olivia blushed a deep tone of red as she saw that engraving, and Edmund chuckled at her reaction. He found it amusing that after being engaged, she got so easily flushed. And it was just another thing that he loved about her.

" It's us. " - Pointed out Susan, looking at the walls.

" What is this place? " - Asked Lucy to Caspian.

" You don't know? "

Caspian grabbed a torch from the wall and started leading the group. They reached a dark spot, no light. The place had a system of illumination, very simple. Caspian placed the fire, and it spread across strategic spots, Illuminating the room.

It revealed several other engravings, this time, more detailed and larger. In the middle, a giant picture of a lion stood on top of the broken grey table. The stone table.

Lucy took a few steps forward, passing her hand across the rocky surface of the stone table.

" He must know what he is doing. "

Peter looked at the engraving of the lion and signed, wondering where the mighty lion was.

" I think it's up to us now. "

—-⚔️—-

" It's only a matter of time. " - Started Peter. - " Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle. "

" What do you propose we do, your majesty? " - Asked Reepicheep.

" We need to get ready for... "

" To start planning for... "

Peter and Caspian spoke at the same time, responding to the title of your majesty. They looked at each other, angry and confused. Caspian nodded, and Peter proceeded.

" Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us. "

" That's crazy. No one has taken that castle before. " - Responded Caspian.

" There's always a first time. "

" We'll have the element of surprise. " - Argued Trumpkin, entering the discussion.

" But we have the advantage here! " - Defended Caspian.

" If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely. " - Said Susan, staying by Caspian's side. Peter looked at her, feeling betrayed.

" I, for one, feel safer underground. " - Said Trufflehunter.

" Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb. "

" Yes. And if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out. " - Argued Edmund.

" We could collect nuts! " - Suggested a squirrel.

" Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines. Shut up. I think you know where I stand, sire. " - Said the mouse.

" None of these will work. We have no way out of this one. " - Interrupted Olivia. - " The Telmarines have larger numbers and weaponry. They aren't dumb, and they surely left their castle guarded. Our current best option is to stay here, where we have a ground advantage. Or we could seek Aslan. "

Peter looked at her, and gave it some thought.

" If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards? " - Peter asked Glenstorm. Olivia clicked her tongue and scoffed.

" Or die trying, my liege. " - Answered the centaur.

" That's what I'm worried about. " - Lucy's voice came from the middle of the room.

" Sorry? "

" You're all acting like there's only two options. Dying here, or dying there. " - Responded Lucy.

" I'm not sure you've been listening. " - Said Peter, calmly.

" No, you're not listening. " - Snapped Lucy. - " or have you forgotten who really defeated the white witch, Peter? "

" I think we've waited for Aslan long enough. " - Peter was heading out of the room, but Olivia said:

" Hold it, Peter. Narnians, please excuse us. " - They bowed and left the room, as requested. The Pevensies looked at Olivia, and she nodded confidently. They stayed in the room then.

" You look at me right now, Peter Pevensie. " - Started Olivia, clenching her jaw. - " I led every single battle our army has participated in. I stood by your side through your decisions. Every single choice I made on the battlefield worked out. I need you to trust me, just this once. " - Olivia pointed her finger at the boy's chest.

" Olivia. I trust your judgement. But right now, we have no other option. You've said it yourself, they are larger in numbers. " - Said Peter, holding the girl's shoulders and looking at his brother for help.

" Very well. If this plan fails, it's on you. Understand the consequences of your actions. If this fails, I'm taking charge, and that's final. "

" Fine. " - Answered Peter. Olivia smiled, and now she had the Pevensies as witnesses of this conversation.

" Thank you, blondie. "