Chapter 10- In the Clear

I crane my neck to peer at him. His eyes look tired and sad and his posture wasn't it's usual self. I stand up.

His eyes get watery and he turns away from me. "I...I really like you Katara. I don't want conflict, but we seem to keep walking straight into it,"

I run up to him and wrap my arms around him. "I know! I really like you too! And I'm tired of all this drama,"

I feel his smile through my cheeks.

"I just want to go back to the friends we used to be," Zuko says.

"Friends?," I ask.

He hesitates. "I guess. Is that what you want to be?," He asks.

I cringe. "Y-yeah...of course,"

He takes my face in his hands. "Are you lying?,"

I blush, pouting out my lip. "No. Okay yes! Maybe I do like you as not a friend. But it's okay that you don't feel the same way. I'm not going to take my anger out on you anymore,"

"Oh Katara Katara, I've always liked you. Even before the pond, and before Aang saved us,"

I scream. "Oops!!! I didn't mean too!!!!!!! I'm just so happy!,"

"We can't express our feelings in front of the others yet. We don't want to hurt Aang,"

I nod. "What do we do now?,"

Zuko laughs. "Never had a boyfriend?,"

I shrug. "Not really, I've never had that much time to. I've been so occupied being this mother like figure,"

Zuko pulls me in for another hug. "I'm going to take you for a date. And an actual date."

"What are we going to do?,"

"For now, try to find a way out of here?,"

I laugh. "You're just as inexperienced as me!,"

"Actually, I dated Mai. But she...she's nothing like you. You're so much more energetic and loving and caring and you stand up for yourself," He says quietly.

"And you're nothing like Aang. You're much more quiet and honest and just... I don't know,"

"Let's not talk about past loves. Just the present,"

I smile. "Now....we're stuck in here. And...we need a way out."

He offers me his hand. "Lets go together,"

I grin, taking his hand.

"Lets go,"