Chapter 4- Fire

When Aang and I got back, everyone was asleep. Sokka was snoring loud and Aang collapsed on the ground. I wasn't tired. It had been a long day and I over think and all, but I still wasn't tired.
I walk over to a nearby pond and sit down with my legs crossed. The wind finally calms down and so does the pond(and my hair). Everything is quiet and still. My feet stretch out and I stick my toes in the pond.
I concentrate really hard to move the water to make a panda face. Don't judge, if you were a water bender you would too. I slowly let the water back into place and stick my hands in my lap.
"Can't sleep?," Zuko whispers from behind.
"I just don't want to. I'm not tired,"
He sits down next to me. "I'm not either. My mind is awake and my body feels alive with fire,"
I laugh a little. "No kidding,"
"What happened between you and Aang when you left?,"
I pause. "Nothing really, the kid is a kid and I like him but not sure I'd want to go any further with him,"
He shifts his weight awkwardly. "I didn't necessarily mean like that. I more meant the whole mother thing. Did that upset him?," he asks.
"Of course it did. I just can't play both roles. I tried to talk to him but he changed the subject right away,"
Zuko puts his arm around my shoulder and I lean my whole weight on him. "I know you can't," he says. "And we do have other things to focus on, but if you're not sure about how you feel, tell him,"
I look off into the pond. "What if I find someone else?," the question feels heavy coming out.
Zuko doesn't say anything for a while. "Then he's a lucky guy.,"
I blush.
"And Aang is going to have to move on," he adds.
" I'm so confused with myself," I sigh.
He lowers his hand to my waist.
"Just stop worrying so much," he says.
"How?,"
"Katara, you're a really strong beautiful woman. I'm sure you'll find a way to make things work out. You need to make sure you do things for yourself and not other people sometimes. If you need a moment alone, or things become too tough, you have a right to say you want to be alone,"
Zuko continues talking and I listen.
"I'm not sure with many things," I say with a shaky voice.
"We may all need guidance, but you're not actually our mother so you can take it easy,"
I close my eyes and listen to his beating heart. All my worries fade and I can't think of anything. The wind picks back up but I feel warm and safe. Zuko starts telling me a story about a mother and her children. It was a bit weird, but eventually his voice becomes very soothing and I slowly drift to
sleep.