Chapter 18- How far?

My time with Zuko had seemed so short, but in reality we've almost been together half a year. I never did much for him for our anniversaries, but he just didn't seem to care. But before you think he's an asshole, I don't care too much either. I don't need gifts, I just want his love. And also, it's nice not having to be the mother of the group anymore. 

Still, I suppose it wouldn't be too weird to do something nice for him. But... what do I do?

I take one last scrub on my face and emerge from the cool of the water. Although still fairly warm, I could tell fall was coming to an end. Then we get to deal with the harsh winters. Not that I'm worried, I'm a god damn water bender for Petes sake. 

I throw my towel over my naked body, slip my feet in my sandals and head to my room. To my surprise, I see Aang sitting down on my "bed".  His wide eyes look up at me, almost seeming sad. 

Slightly embarrassed, I tighten my towel around me. "What is it Aang?,"

He grumbles. "Well."

"What?,"

"Katara do you love Zuko?,"

"I...I...," How come I had never thought of this?!?!? We had never really said it though....is this bad?!?!? "I...."

"Well?,"

"I suppose I do," My heart pounds in my chest. I love Zuko. I think subconsciously I always knew that. "Why?,"

"I still like you maybe a little. And because of that...if you want me to share my room with Sosuke I'd do it. That way Zuko can have his room back. Or you can share I guess," Aang ran his hand through his short stubble of hair. 

"Thank you so much Aang." How did I ever deserve all this right now? All these amazing people.

Aang stands up slowly. "Please don't thank me," 

"O-okay,"

I hear my door shut, standing naked in my empty room. I had to talk to Zuko. As soon as possible.

I throw on a blue robe embroidered by Sokka, he did it for my birthday. I rush out into Sosukes and Zukos room. "Zuko!," I yell. 

I need to learn to knock. 

I cover my eyes. "Sosuke! You should tell me if you're going to take a shower!!,"

I hear Sosuke yelp a little bit. "W-what?? You just busted in here!!,"

"Wheres Zuko?,"

"I don't know, probably doing something for you. Getting food. I don't know. Get out,"

"God," I back out of their room, hitting a soft tall surface.

I snap around, uncovering my eyes in the process. "Zuko?," 

"Something on your mind?," 

I grab his soft warm hands and drag him straight into my room. 

"What is this?," His eyes lower to my robe, his face reddening. 

I laugh a little at his embarrassment. I jump to my bed, smiling. "How would you like this to be our bed?" I skip to the wooden small closet. "How would you like this to be filled with both our clothes?" I spring onto my window. "How would you like to watch the sun rise and set together?,"

Zuko cracks a smile. "Are you saying?,"

"Aang is willing to share his room with Sosuke. If you would want to share...my room,"

Zuko fidgets a little. "Uhm...I don't know.  I guess," 

My heart sinks. "Well...if you don't want to,"

Zuko smiles. "Thank you for understanding. You should get dressed, Kat. Its gonna be another long day,"

And with a kiss on the cheek, he leaves.