Chapter 3- The Ride

When you're up in the sky you tend to do a lot more thinking. Well, I mean I do. The sky is equivalent to your shower- a thinking spot.
I stretch out my body on Appa and close my eyes. The stars were shining bright and the day was calm. Now to the thinking.
Zuko was very nice and all, and was right about the guidance part, but how the hell would I keep up with this?? I don't even think I want children of my own! I suppose I just had to be patient. Aang would grow, everyone does. He'd learn to act his age more. But do I even like him anymore if I'm like his mother? I want to act like a kid again too. I have to be strong. I have to-
"Katara!," Aang yells in my face.
"What?!?," I jump up and hit my head on his.
I bounce back.
"Ouch!,"
He runs back to me and presses his thumb gently where I just hit myself on him.
"Are you okay Katara??," he asks.
I sigh. "I'll be fine."
He kisses my forehead gently and stands up. "You stay here, I'll get the fruits. Just get some rest, you've been thinking and worrying too much," he says, and leaps off Appa into a fruit tree.
I stay laying down like he told me to. I run my temple. He was sure a sweet guy though. I smile a little. And now he was getting food for us.
I wonder if we were even still in Ba Sing Se anymore or if we had left. If we did, it was nice to be away. The breeze blew my braid over my face and I grabbed them in the air. I didn't want my braids anymore.
I run my fingers through my hair and undo the braids and beads, letting my hair flow in the wind. The weather was warm, so I remove my boots. I loved my boots.
I scootch over to the edge of Appa and sit. I wonder what kind of fruits were on the tree. I'd take anything I could get- we could get. My hair blows in my face again and I laugh which causes my temple to hurt.
I hold my face in my hands.
"I'm really really really really sorry Katara," he says.
I look up at him. "It's fine Aang,"
He stares at me for the longest time and I raise my eyebrow at him.
"Did you take out your braids?," he finally asks.
"Yeah...why? Does it look bad?,"
He shakes his head really fast. "You look... Nice,"
I suppress a laugh and a scowl. Nice? It looks nice? No beautiful or pretty...but nice? Well, kids gotta learn a few things.
"Thanks," I say. "Now can we head back?"
"Yeah."