Episode 5 - Where Are We? Is This Skyblock?

~CRYSTAL P.O.V

After Ivor had informed us about the Old Builders and this 'Eversource', we headed back to the temple as quickly as possible to see if we missed anything. Now, we were back in the jungle, getting close to the temple.

Ivor... He seemed to be very excited... To say the least. "This is so exciting! Ha ha! Adventure!" he cheered, jumping up in the air.

He looked back at us before running ahead again. Petra looked back at Lukas. "Lukas, I know it's daytime, but watch our backs, okay?" she told him.

"Yep. I'll keep an eye out," Lukas nodded, starting to do just that.

Petra turned her attention to Jesse and I. "I can't believe we're bringing Ivor with us," Petra whispered to us, turning our attention to Ivor a little bit ahead of us, who still looked around excitingly. "I mean, it's nice that he's so excited, but ugh! Not my top choice for adventure companion,"

"Hey, you can't argue that when it comes to all this ancient history and treasure... Ivor knows a LOT," Jesse argued.

"Besides, look how happy he is to be coming along with us," I added, motioning to Ivor ahead of us, who was jumping up and down slightly in his walk.

"Sure, that's true," Petra agreed.

"These are enormous! I love it so much!" Ivor shouted, spreading his arms out wide.

"He just... Really gets on my nerves sometimes," Petra added just as we reached the temple.

"Remarkable! Look at this architecture - So old! So exquisite! Oh, this is just how I dreamed it would be," Ivor gushed as we stood close to him in front of the temple.

I looked over at him. "Ivor, it's nice to see you smiling," I said.

Ivor looked at me, his eyes widening as he seemed to blush in embarrassment. "I'm not smiling," he denied, looking away.

We walked up the steps and stood in the doorway, looking around the room. "Wow. It seems so different during the day,' Jesse commented.

"Okay, but be careful what you touch. There could be traps everywhere," Ivor warned, walking into the temple.

Petra went in the same direction as Ivor while Lukas went the opposite side. Jesse and I shared a look before I followed Lukas. "Crystal! Petra! Blond guy! Are you three excited as I am?" Ivor asked us.

"I'm not sure that's possible," Petra responded.

"What?" Ivor questioned.

"She means that you just seem to be super excited, Ivor," Lukas said/defending Petra.

I looked behind me and saw Jesse and Petra checking out the closed entrance to the passageway. "Barely got out of there last night. Doesn't look like it's opening up again any time soon," Jesse commented.

Petra looked up at him. "That's alright. I had enough of the spiders and lava and everything that had to offer already," she reassured him.

I hummed in agreement, turning my attention back to the lava channels that were still flowing. "Huh. Doesn't look like those lava channels work anymore," I muttered to myself.

I turned my gaze to Lukas, to see him staring at the lava channel that I was looking at. "Pretty cool temple, right Lukas?" I asked him.

He looked over at me, smiling and nodding. "Yeah, it's amazing. Definitely not like any I've ever seen before. Not gonna lie to you, Crystal, I'm pretty excited to be along with the ride on this one," he agreed.

"Me too..." I said as I felt my cheeks heating up. "... I'm really glad you're back, Lukas,"

His eyes widened slightly, his cheeks seemingly turning pink as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks, Crystal... I'm glad to be back too," he told me, causing me to smile back at him.