❄️Chapter 7❄️

Y/N's POV
I've been here now for 2 weeks already. Since then I met up with Grusha every day. It was like a daily routine, he came to pick me up at 01:00 pm. My grandmother always complimented him what a 'nice young man' he was.
Oh, Grusha should be here now! Just as I came down the stairs, my grandmother opened the door for Grusha. He seemed to be more excited this time. I wonder what made him feel like this...
When we left I asked him why he was smiling all the time, I'm getting really interested.
„I got a gift for you!", Grusha answered not able to contain a big smile and handed me over an... egg? I looked at it and didn't know what to think of it. It's just an egg, why was he so thrilled to give me that? I thought of something really cool like books about the Great Crater of Paldea, like the ones he borrowed me once.
„Don't you like it, Y/N? You aren't looking very... happy about it.", he looked a bit disappointed.
„Well, Grusha... it's an egg. What should I do with it? I mean, it's very pretty!", I tried my best to not make it obvious that I don't like it.
„Maybe something will hatch?", he shrugged his shoulders and I was surprised.
Now it makes sense.
„Really? Really? What will hatch? Tell me, tell me!", hopefully it will hatch soon!
Grusha said I should find out by myself.
aYou really thought I gifted you a regular egg?", Grusha laughed out loud... I felt bad now, so I apologized.
„Don't worry about it.", he gave me a warm smile and a headpat. I really like it when he does things like that.

„However, where are we going now? And when will it hatch?", I asked him.
He answered that it will probably take some time, but when it has hatched we would make a picnic, so I could befriend it then. It will be great!
*2 hours later*
It's getting boring... We're just walking around and nothing happens!
„It's just not fair that you know what will hatch and especially when it hatches! Just tell me please, I'm getting super bored and you just won't do anything against it!"
„Just give it the time that it needs.", he chuckled.
I don't know why he thinks that this is funny...
„Look at the egg.", he said and so I did.
...It has some cracks! Finally it's time! It's getting more and more cracks, soon I'll be able to see what Pokèmon Grusha got me. This moment is just exciting!
„Congratulations, Y/N! Your first Pokemon is a..."
„Awwww, a Swablu!", I finished Grusha's sentence.
How cute it is!

While Grusha was preparing everything for the picnic, I was petting my Swablu. I can't believe that I'm the owner of Swablu now!
When Grusha was finished, Altaria came out as well. She looked like she was interested in Swablu. Those two were just staring at each other, but when Grusha gave them a ball they immediately started playing with it.
„Luckily they get along with each other! They're so cute playing together.", I said clapping my hands.
It's fun watching them!

Grushas POV
Swablu was a good choice as she had always loved Swablus.
„Y/N, take a seat. Should I prepare something to eat?"
„Just if I'm allowed to help!", she replied.
„Sure you are. Oh, and before I forget, here's Swablus Pokèball.", I explained to her that we will make a sandwich and cut the vegetables first.
„Do you have any questions about the maintenance of Swablu?", I just wanted to make sure she knew everything about it.
„Yup, don't worry. I once knew someone who owned a Swablu when I was a child. I'm not sure who that was, but I remember some things that person taught me.", she answered looking at the sky.
This person was probably me. She loved learning how to take care of Pokèmon and so I always did. I wish I could tell her that I'm her childhood friend, but I feel like this isn't a good idea. Maybe I will someday...

While I was thinking Y/N was concentrated on cutting the vegetables.
„Will you do fights with Swablu too?", I asked her.
„No way! I can't let that poor thing fight..."
„Just give it a try. You don't know, maybe you'll get keen on it.", I tried my best to persuade her. It'd be fun teaching her...
„Okay, I give up. I'll just try it once!", I thought she'd be more stubborn- but before she tries, we should finish preparing our sandwich.

Y/N's POV
„Ouch!", I accidentally cut my finger! Luckily it's just a small cut and it's barely bleeding. Grusha asked me what happened in shock.
„Calm down, it's just a small cut. It's not bleeding much."
„Wait I got a band aid with me!", Grusha is a bit overreacting... I let out a sigh.
„Here you go.", he seemed reliefed  and a little proud, eventhough it was nothing serious...
We've cut all the vegetables, now it's time to put everything on the bread. Grusha made himself a ponytail.
„Why don't you make a ponytail more often? You look so cool!"
„N-No... I don't really like it...", he blushed slightly...

He gets flustered very easily.

While Swablu and Altaria were still playing, we had finished our food. We called them to us and started eating. It was delicious!

„After we've eaten we should go home. It took us quite long for everything.", he said after a while. I actually don't want to go home then, but he's right, it's getting late...
„But what about the Pokèmon battle?", I asked him trying to get us to stay longer. „Tomorrow I don't have much time. I'll need to go to work, but why don't you join me? Maybe you learn some things already.", that's a great idea from Grusha. I accepted his offer and then we went to grandmother.
As we arrived, she opened the door for us.
„Look grandma, Grusha gave me a gift today!", I presented her my new Swablu, and it looks like grandmother liked Swablu too.
„What a sweet Pokèmon. Y/N, are Grusha and you a couple yet?", she asked me.
„No, why do you ask?", I replied while Grusha was hiding his face in his scarf like he always does.
Does he think I don't know he blushes?
I don't know what it means anyways...
„I was just interested.", grandma laughed while she was petting Swablu.

Grusha mentioned that he'll leave and that he'd pick me up at 10:00 a.m. the next day. „Alright. Bye, Grusha!"