DX

"Hey Alexis. We're early so we'll have some time to kill." Dallas says as he is smoking while Alexis walks up to him, Johnny, and Ponyboy.

"Actually about the movie. I won't be able to go. I can hang out for a little while but I gotta head home though eventually." Alexis says as the three boys look at her curiously.

"How come?" Ponyboy asks.

"Well when I got home the other day I found out that our female mountain lion had two cubs. My aunt wants to me stay home this evening since she has something she needs to go do and watch them. Just to make sure they're okay since I'm more familiar with our big cats and canines." Alexis says as Johnny looks at her.

"Sounds cute." Johnny says as he smiles.

"They are. Adorable things. I'll have to bring you over and let you see them Johnny. You'll like them." Alexis says as she smiles slightly at Johnny making him blush slightly.

"So you're not going?" Dallas asks as Alexis shakes her head no.

"Nope. Just came to hang out for a bit and then I'm heading back home. If my aunt gets back early enough I'll come to movies but it's only if she gets back early enough since she has my car where hers broke down earlier this week." Alexis says.

"Well let's get out of here. We got a while to wait so let's go find something to do." Dallas says as Alexis, Ponyboy, and Johnny follow him.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Sodapop." Dallas says as he, Ponyboy, and Johnny go over to Sodapop and Steve as they arrive at the DX while Alexis is standing a little ways away.

"Hey there good looking." A dark haired male says as he walks up to Alexis causing her to look at him.

"Um hello?" Alexis asks not knowing the man or recognizing him.

"What's say you and me go find us a more private place?" The man asks as he smiles.

"I think not. Now kindly leave me alone." Alexis says.

"Oh come on now sweetheart. What's the problem?" The man asks as he gets a little closer to Alexis.

"The problem is she's with us. Now she said to leave her alone." A voice says revealing to be Dallas as he, Johnny, and Ponyboy come over.

"Why not let the beautiful girl decide? Come on sweet lips. Do you really wanna hang around them or would you rather have a fun time?" The man says as Alexis backs up a bit.

"She said to leave do just leave her alone." Johnny says as he steps in front of Alexis shocking her at his protectiveness due to normally being timid and reserved.

"One of you her boyfriend or something?" The man asks.

"Nope but she's part of our gang. You mess with her then you mess with us. Now shove off." Dallas says.

"Alright fine but if you change your mind sweet heart I wouldn't mind to come pick you up." The man says as he leaves before Alexis looks at the boys.

"Why did you guys do that?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Well you've been apart of our group since johnny met you a year ago." Ponyboy says.

"And nobody messes with anyone in our group. Not unless they want a fight." Dallas says.

"Wow.. I've never really had people stick up for me like that except for my aunt. Thank you." Alexis says.

"No problem Alexis. Besides you'd do the same for us." Johnny says as Alexis smiles at him.

"Let's get moving." Dallas says as the group follows him.

*Timeskip*

"So what's the movie about? Cut it out Dallas." Johnny says as Dallas gives him a slight noogy before letting him go as the three are walking down the side walk.

"I don't know Johnny. One of those beach movies. You know they put a whole bunch in. Hey did I say you guys could play in my grass huh? What are you doing here? Give me those cards." Dallas says as he finds some little kids playing with cards before having them give him the cards and he throws them in the air before he, Johnny, and Ponyboy begin to chase the kids. Alexis then takes off after the three and stops as they stop.

"It's getting darker. I should be heading home." Alexis says as she notices it's getting darker outside.

"Yeah we should be heading to the movies anyways." Dallas says.

"Sorry you couldn't come with us Ally." Johnny says as he walks over to Alexis.

"No worries Johnny. Besides there's always next time. Have fun. If I can I'll try to come join you later." Alexis says as she smiles at Johnny causing him to smile.

"See ya Alexis." Ponyboy says.

"See ya boys." Alexis says as she walks off.