Meet The Gang

"Just pull up here on the left. And it's that house right there." Johnny says as Alexis pulls up to the sidewalk beside a house.

"Here you are Johnny. I'm glad I got to meet you and know you a little bit. It was fun.. well apart from the soc anyway." Alexis says as Johnny gets out of the car and goes around to Alexis's window.

"It was nice. D-Do you think we could.. maybe hang out.. again? If you don't want to I understand." Johnny says nervously as Alexis smiles.

"I'd love to. Here is my phone number. Just give me a call whenever you wanna hang out. I wrote it down last night and planned to give it to you anyways in case you ever needed anything." Alexis says as she hands Johnny a piece of a paper causing him to smile slightly.

"Who this Johnnycake?" A voice asks as six boys come outside.

"Johnnycake?" Alexis asks as she smiles at Johnny.

"It's my nickname the guys call me. Nevermind it." Johnny says as Alexis gets out of the car.

"It's okay Johnny. I like it." Alexis says kindly.

"Uh guys this is Alexis Hathaway." Johnny says as the boys look at Alexis.

"Hathaway? Is she related to that bigshot soc woman?" A boy in a dark jacket asks.

"Yes I am. I'm her niece and my aunt has a name. It's Kate." Alexis says defensively.

"So she's a soc? Why in the hell would you bring a soc here?" A boy in a plaid flannel asks.

"She's actually not so bad. I got jumped the other day but she got them to leave me at the risk of getting hurt herself. She actually patched my arm up where they cut me and she let me stay the night. I met her aunt too. She's pretty nice. They both are." Johnny says as you look at him.

"I don't believe. A girl soc helping a greaser? She gotta be playing you Johnny. Look why don't you just leave alright. We don't want any soc around here." A boy says in a Mickey Mouse shirt.

"Look I don't want to hurt Johnny. I don't wanna hurt anyone. But fine if you want me gone I'll go. I can tell when I'm not welcome. Anyways see you around Johnny. And again you're welcome anytime at my place." Alexis says as she turns around and opens her car door.

"Wait. You said Alexis Hathaway right?" A boy asks as Alexis closes her door and leans against her car.

"Yes. What of it? If you're gonna insult more don't bother. I'm leaving. I didn't come here to start a fight. Only to drop Johnny off." Alexis says defensively as the boy puts his hands up in surrender.

"I'm not planning on insulting you. But I heard a girl by the same name has been helping out greasers from the soc quite a bit since she has been living here. You do seem to fit the description I heard. Are you the same girl?" The boy asks as you look at him.

"Yes I am. As I said I don't want to hurt anyone. Quite the opposite. Besides I don't care about differences. Only who people are and who they choose to be. Meaning you treat me with respect I'll do the same but you treat me wrong and well I can't make promises as to what happens after that." Alexis says.

"A hot girl fighting? That's first." A boy in a dark jacket says as he laughs slightly.

"I may look weak but I'm not. I was taught my my mom and aunt how to fight. I'm quite skilled which is why the soc don't ever mess with me." Alexis says.

"Yeah. I heard you broke a couple of arms on a couple soc that tried to hurt you before." The boy says.

"You heard right. I'm not a fighter but don't mean I won't defend myself. Anyways who are all of you?" Alexis asks as she looks at the boys.

"Alexis this is the rest of the gang Two-Bit, Dally, Darry, Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Steve. I was actually heading over here to see them when I got jumped." Johnny says as Alexis looks at him.

"Well what matters is you're okay. Be nice if the soc could learn to try to get along with others. Ridiculous they act." Alexis says.

"You really don't act like other soc do you?" Sodapop asks.

"Course not. I'm not like them in more ways than people realize but some of those reasons are personal." Alexis says.

"And you really aren't trying to hurt Johnny?" Dally asks as he looks at you suspiciously.

"No I'm not. Look if it's problem with me being here then tell me now and I'll leave." Alexis says annoyedly.

"Come on guys. Will you at least try to give her a chance? You may like her if you get to know her a little. If I thought she was a problem you know I wouldn't of brought her here. I was actually gonna try to get to know her better myself." Johnny says as the boys look at him before at Alexis.

"You're sure about her Johnny?" Ponyboy asks.

"She hasn't given me a reason not to be so far. I just figured to give her the benefit of the doubt. Least I can do since she helped me." Johnny says as he shrugs his shoulders.

"I guess she is welcome here then. But you best not start any trouble." Darry says as he looks at Alexis.

"Like I said no problems coming from me." Alexis says as the group follows Darry inside the house