6

5:45 pm
june 21st, 2016

i was finishing up my moms recipe for some traditional steak tacos.

i started laying out my ingredients for canjica (traditional sweet brazilian porridge).

i topped the corn and milk based porridge with cinnamon and placed a few cinnamon sticks innside of it. it was a pretty big bowl, but it was perfect for the baby and i knew marina would want some.

once my canjica was finished, i placed it in the fridge for later. i kept the steak tacos in the oven so they would get crispy, and stay warm.

typically canjica is served in the winter, but it was neymar's favorite when we were young so i had to make it.

neymar also loved my moms steak tacos. when he would come over we would always have extra ready just for him.

i grabbed camis diaper bag and placed her change of clothes inside. i also packed her adorable pink bathing suit for the beach tonight.

i was so excited to spend more time with neymar, and to see him get closer with our daughter. i also missed going to the beach with him.

i seriously couldn't believe i was spending the night at neymar's either. i also was excited to see his surprise he has for cami.

6:00

i hear a knock. it's neymar.

"hi beautiful. i love your top."

"thank you, it's quite simple but it's cute."

he handed me some flowers, "i got you these. they were on sale for 5 euros. i thought they were pretty and summery."

"you know me very well. they're beautiful. let me go get a vase for them. cami is upstairs in her nursery. her door has her name on it, just go on in and wake her up. i have food ready."

he smiles, "what do you have cooking?"

"i have my moms famous steak tacos, and canjica for desert."

"wow, my favorites. my stomach is grumbling."

i laugh, "you always eat. i don't know how you're so hungry all the time"

"hey, that was rude. take it back."

"or what?"

neymar laughs, "do you really want to find out?"

"yes i d-"

"neymar?" marina yells.

neymar turns, "mari! how are you?"

they hug each other, "i'm doing well, how about yourself?"

"i'm great! i've missed you!"

"i've missed you too!"

"are you joining us for dinner?" he asks.

"no, i've gotta run a bit early. one of my models is having a fashion crisis and then i have a dinner at 7. i'll be in the city all night and probably will end up spending the night at the hotel."

"that's too bad. i made your favorite desert. you can just have some tomorrow." i say.

"ughhh canjica. i'm gonna cry now."

i laugh, "well don't have too much fun. we're gonna take cami to the beach after dinner then i'm going to spend the night at neys."

he smiles at the nickname.

my sister laughs, "and you're telling me not to have too much fun? right..."

i roll my eyes.

neymar laughs awkwardly, "well have a good night mari. see you soon!"

"see you neymar! i love you little sister! make sure to lock the door before you leave and take the keys with you. don't lose them!"

"i know, i wont. i love you marina."

she blows us a kiss and walks out the door.

then, cami starts to cry.

"get the food ready. i'll go get her and sit her in the high chair."

i smile, "sounds good."