Chapter 27: The Wedding - Ky

XP I synced the song with part of the chapter! (Yeah, I had a lot of free-time on my hands this Wednesday... :\) So I guess it might not match up as well for you depending on how slow or fast you read, but when you see this: * then press play on the vid.

~~~

Ky Madison

CHAPTER 27 The Wedding - Ky

"You could have told me about your whole plan with Quinn, you know." Kelsey pouts as we sit back at our table, watching the stage as half the members of Raven's 5 nearly ram into each other about a gazillion times because they're either pacing or picking out their instruments.

"Sorry, I didn't want there to be any chance of Evilyn finding out or else the placebo wouldn't have worked." I say, the anxiety of what I've done finally hitting me. God I hope this placebo works...

"That whole dream catcher, good luck charm thing was a placebo?!" Evan puts his hand over his heart in relief.

I crack a smile at him, tapping my foot under the table. "You need to quit being so practical, Touber; it's jackin' up my mojo." Okay, that sentence didn't make sense even to me. "And yeah, it was a placebo; Evilyn's actually pretty superstitious."

"You're tapping your foot." Kyle notes calmly, watching the stage.

"You're cracking your knuckles." is my response.

Kyle laughs gently at himself, like a breath of air. "I'm scared of what will happen if she suddenly remembers in the middle of the song."

"Me too," I say. "Not knowing what could happen turns out to be more nerve-racking than knowing what could happen."

"Am I the only one concerned about that Sean guy? I don't know about you guys, but that dude seems way too friendly with Evilyn." Andrew says, watching as Sean twists his hand into his long hair, as nervous as my brother and me about this whole thing.

"Well, well, if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black." Kelsey murmurs while Madelin blinks at Andrew in confusion.

"I'm surprised you're not more concerned about Evilyn, Andrew." Kyle says, continuing to crack his knuckles.

Andrew's expression softens; one corner of his mouth curves upward. "Because I know she'll do great. Also, you were very convincing, Ky." he tells me. "And...even if something does go wrong, we'd quickly come up with something to fix it, wouldn't we?"

"Why does it always feel like I'm the only one that doesn't know what's going on?" Evan mutters to himself.

"None of us completely know what's going on except Ky," Kelsey tells him. "But we don't really need to. Just understand that Evilyn has stayed away from music for a long time because her brain has linked it to a bad memory, and if Ky's placebo doesn't work and Evilyn suddenly remembers during the song, we'll help her out of it."

"But...we don't know how she'd react if that happened, right?" Evan asks. I gulp. Seriously, this guy is making things worse for me! I tap my foot harder, faster.

"No," it's Madelin that answers; her voice quiet and thoughtful. "But she's our friend...so I believe at this point it's instinct for us to immediately come up with the best solution."

"She'll be fine," Andrew says with that same soft, slightly distant smile.

"Your certainty is making me anxious." Kyle and I say gravely.

"Your 'simultaneous speaking' is making me anxious." Kelsey tells us.

"Sorry, it's a nervous reflex." we chorus, Kyle cracking and me tapping. She just sighs in response and mumbles something about, "...guess it can't be helped..."