Chapter 14: Improvement

Just as you had predicted, a good night's sleep was all the girls needed to get their energy back. It seemed like the grueling journey before this concert had invigorated the girls instead of tiring them out. You sat on a couch backstage with Jihyo across from you, happily observing as the members laugh and chat together.

"After tonight there's just one more stop, how does that feel?" you ask Jihyo.

She looks over at you thoughfully, contemplating her answer. "Bittersweet. On one hand I'm proud of us for what we have accomplished, but on the other hand it has truly been so fun," she says.

"Fans always talk about how after concerts they get really sad," you say. "I don't think many of them know that it's just as bad if not worse for the idols."

Jihyo laughs, "luckily Once seem to notice how hard we work, I know we're not perfect but no one is out there saying we don't work enough."

She had a point. Most fans are always hungry for more content, but Twice has always worked so hard to keep a constant stream which resulted in their fans being a bit more understanding than other fandoms when the members took a bit of time off. After these concerts the girls would have a bit of time for themselves where they can relax, as only minimal schedules were planned. The company values these girls and it was important for their health to give them breaks, something that is a bit of a novel idea in the industry.

"I'm always impressed by the stamina you girls have, dealing with all the travel and performances and rehearsals and hours getting ready, it looks exhausting."

Jihyo smiles at you warmly, "you and the other staff also work hard, don't think that we don't notice."

You look around the room at the members in various levels of prep as stylists and staff are all walking around the green room, "that's true, but we don't have to also get on stage and act literally perfect in front of massive crowds and hundreds of cameras recording your every moment."

Jihyo looks around the room at the other members before turning to you again, "you know it's true right? When we say the fans give us energy, it's not just some line, we mean it."

You look into her eyes, her expression was genuine. You knew that she meant every word.

"It's not easy being an idol," she continues, "we have to be aware of our image at all times, and it can get exhausting protecting it from all the nonsense. But I love it, I love seeing the authentic joy in the faces of our fans. I like to think we bring real happiness to a lot of people."

"So that's where the energy comes from?" you ask.

She nods her head. This year was big for Twice as it marked the end of their seven year contracts. It was no secret that renewal was a question in the girls' minds, and there was no concrete answer yet. Honestly, you weren't sure what was going to happen with the contracts. There are plenty of fans speculating the outcomes, but the truth is that nothing was yet confirmed. It was a topic that you seldom approached as you wanted the girls to decide based on what they felt was best, but there was no denying that it was something that you thought about occasionally. Part of you thinks that this tour might have a bit of influence, as just like Jihyo, the members seem to be truly having a good time.

Momo and Nayeon join you on the couch. Momo was preoccupied with some of the snacks you had prepared, while Nayeon pulled a blanket over the two of you and leaned onto your shoulder with her hand on your thigh.

"Did you find a spot yet?" she whispers to you.

You place your hand on top of hers, "not yet, but I'll find one." Nayeon was already in her red one-piece outfit and all night you have been peeking at her. Her knee high boots were making her pale thighs look juicier than normal. Under the blanket, you move your hand from hers and onto her thigh, squeezing her leg a bit. "Have I told you I love this outfit on you yet?"