0.

- I'm sorry, your son is... - 

QUIRKLESS

⟩~~~★~~~⟨

In a darkened room, a green-haired boy was sitting at the desk. His dream was tainted that day, destroyed, and all he could do was cry. He sat and cried until his mother came into his room. Unable to bear to see her poor child, she walked over to him and turned the chair where the boy was sitting. She smiled warmly at him and knelt in front of him, tears welling up in her eyes, and hugged her son tightly. - I'm sorry, Izu...-  the woman said quietly. Izuku felt his mother's warm embrace as she held him tightly. He could sense the love radiating from her, and her tears falling on his hands made him realize how deeply she cared for him.   - I'm sorry I couldn't give you a quirk. -

The boy felt a sense of surprise upon hearing his mother's words. He couldn't help but wonder if she was blaming herself for the situation. As tears welled up in his eyes, he realized that not only was he suffering, but he had also caused pain for his mother. After some hesitation, he slowly raised his hand and gently touched her face.- Mom, please don't cry,- she said, wiping away the tears of the woman who was still holding the boy in her arms. - This is not and will never be your fault! - he said confidently with a smile on his face, he was sure of it, he could never blame his mother, the person who loved him more than life, for his misfortune, never.

The woman moved slightly away from her son and with a smile on her face said, - Oh Izuku, you are my little angel.- She gently wiped the tears from the boy's face. A smile appeared on her lips and she hugged her son again, this time and the boy was smiling. - And you are my hero, Mom! - he said enthusiastically returning the hug. In the depths of his soul, he hoped that his mother would not blame herself for his fate, while the woman prayed silently that her son would not have to experience a lot of unpleasantness due to the lack of a quirk.

⟩~~~★~~~⟨

The next day, when Izuku went to kindergarten with his mother, he had quite gloomy thoughts. Almost all of them were about his best friend, Katsuki. His mother noticed that something was wrong with her son and just a few steps before entering the preschool she stopped and looked at her son. - Did something happen to Izu? she asked worriedly, pulling the boy out of his thoughts. The green-haired boy looked up and looked at his mother, for a moment he wondered if he should tell her, but came to the conclusion that it was nothing wrong, or at least the woman would not worry. - Mom...- he began softly. - Do you think Kacchan will still like me? - he asked lowering his head, Deep down he was afraid of the answer, he didn't even want to hear it.

The woman looked at her son in surprise, she believed that children should not worry about such things or how they will be treated in society. - Of course! - She tried to sound convincing, but she was beginning to worry about it herself. She turned and hugged her son, sending him a smile. - But what if it doesn't...? - He continued staring at the face of the green-haired woman. - Then...unfortunately, but that will mean he wasn't your true friend.- Her tone was much different than before, and Izuku sensed that the mere thought of such a possibility annoyed his mother. - A true friend will accept you no matter what. - The woman's words moved him very much, at that moment he had no idea how much they would mean in the future.

⟩~~~★~~~⟨

After saying goodbye to his mother at the door, the boy bravely entered the playroom. He scanned the room, searching for his friend Katsuki. Suddenly, a loud explosion shook the room. Without hesitation, Izuku knew the source of the sound and quickly ran toward it.

There was a group of children in the yard who were delighted with the quirk of one of their peers. Izuku barely squeezed through the crowd and immediately ran to the blonde in the middle, hugging him tightly. The blond-haired boy didn't expect it, as he was too busy listening to the compliments from his friends, so when the green-haired boy hugged him, he almost lost his balance. - It was amazing Kacchan! -

A smile appeared on the blonde's face, despite how much others appreciated him, he always liked it best when his friend praised him. As the boy turned to thank his friend, he suddenly heard children gossiping quietly around him. - Hey, isn't that the kid who doesn't have a quirk? a girl replied. - What a loser. - laughed the boy. The words of the kids were getting louder, Izuku was even hiding behind his friend, the whole situation was a mistake.

Until finally someone asked this question. The thought that the green-haired boy had been fighting with all morning. - Hey Bakugo, are you friends? - There was silence, everyone was waiting for an answer, especially Izuku. He silently prayed that his mother was right. He was sure that his first and best friend would stand by him, that he was a "true friend". 

Oh, how wrong he was...

Suddenly, he felt himself lose his balance and fell to the ground with a soft thud. - Friends? Hah, why would I be friends with a loser like him? - He couldn't believe the look on the blonde's face. All he could do was lower his head, tears welling up in his eyes. Not wanting to humiliate himself further, he got up and quickly ran away from the playground, hearing only mean comments and laughter from the other children.

⟩~~~★~~~⟨

Now he was sitting and crying, somewhere in the backyard. He was sure no one would find him here, not even their guardians. So he sat and wept silently, all alone, betrayed by the only friend he had. It hurt him, he didn't want to believe what had happened, he couldn't. 'I guess we were never friends.' he thought as more tears ran down his face. He was so focused on his thoughts that he didn't hear anyone approaching him.

- Hey why are you crying? - Hearing a voice that didn't belong to anyone he knew, he turned around almost immediately. He saw a blonde-haired girl with beautiful yellow eyes. Her hair was messily pulled back into two pom-poms, and she was wearing their preschool T-shirt and a pink suspender skirt. He was silent for a moment, looking at the newcomer girl, whom he had not seen before in their kindergarten.

- My friend ... I lost a friend because I'm quirkless. - He said lowering his head, not knowing why he did it, maybe he wanted to talk? Although he was prepared, even sure that the blonde would laugh at him and leave. But to his surprise, she just sat next to him. - You're not going to laugh at me? he asked, not understanding the situation. - No - she said, staring at the sky. - Actually, I lost a friend too. I also had to move here because, in my previous kindergarten, they were afraid of me. - she admitted, attracting the boy's interest. The green-haired boy wiped his tears and looked at the blonde again. - Why? - he asked, intrigued by the girl's story.

The girl shuddered at this question, he understood that it was not the best memory or so he thought, so he did the only thing he thought was right. - I'm sorry if you don't want to,- he apologized, realizing the lack of delicacy in his question. After all, if it had to move, it must have been something serious, and you don't usually confide things like that to the first person you meet, do you? - No, it's okay. - she interrupted him, silently glad he hadn't hurt her feelings. - She said my quirk was "monstrous" because I had to drink blood for it to work. - The blonde's answer surprised him and... scared him. He'd expected something else, like that she'd abused it and maybe accidentally hurt someone. But to have to drink blood? Just to be able to use a quirk, a truly monstrous situation. For a moment he wanted to run away from the girl, thinking that she might hurt him, but then he remembered what his mother had told him this morning.

The blonde might have had a terrible quirk, but that doesn't mean she's terrible too, right? She wasn't laughing at him, she was nice. That's when he decided to do what he promised his mother, he promised that he would be brave and not run away. So he took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. When he was sure that his voice would not break, he decided to speak up, to propose something. - Well, this may sound a bit silly, but maybe... maybe then...  of course, if you feel like it! Would you like to... be friends? -