Healthy Eating tips for the Signs.

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

Because you're always on the run, you often end up skipping meals or grabbing a burger. Instead, pack plastic baggies full of fruit or nuts (which enhance immune functions) and carry them everywhere you go. You need lean protein to keep you strong, but commercial meats are full of hormones and other nasty stuff. It's worth paying a bit extra for organic beef and chicken...

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

Your craving for sweets and fats is your downfall, Taurus. Instead of a decadent cake, try a light sorbet with fresh raspberries. Or, have a slice of pineapple — it's an anti-inflammatory that literally "digests" diseased cells and foreign microbes in the throat, which can be a problem area for you. Also, rather than heavy dressings on your salads, use lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, which soothes and heals the digestive tract.

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

Carrots are your number one ally, Gemini. Famous for improving the eyesight, one carrot a day also cuts lung cancer risk in half, even among formerly heavy smokers. Cranberries are also good for the breathing system, which can be a trouble zone for you. Consuming too much caffeine can burn out your adrenals. Cut back on sodas, make your latte half-caf and switch to organic coffee without harmful chemicals.

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

You tend to gravitate toward comfort foods, which, unfortunately, are not the healthiest. Dairy products, in particular, can be problematic for you. Substitute evaporated skim milk for cream in soups and sauces, and try non-fat or soy frozen yogurt with fruit for dessert. Apples, beets and fresh ginger tea will help your sluggish digestive system. And, broccoli and cabbage are terrific for warding off colon and breast cancer.

Leo (July 23 - Aug. 22)

Heart health is of primary concern for you, as that's your ruling organ. Avoid fried foods that block your arteries. Bake, broil and roast your meats, and remove the skin from poultry. Avocados and olive oil reduce the risk of heart attack; adding mushrooms and carrots to a healthy stir-fry served over brown rice lowers high blood pressure. And, a few squares of dark chocolate or a glass of red wine a day will help protect your heart.

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)

Most Virgos are healthy eaters. In fact, you're often first in line for organic produce at the local farmer's market. Most of all, you need to focus on nerve health, as you tend to get wound up easily. Apples, which help lower cholesterol levels, are also excellent for nerves. Celery helps regulate the nervous system, too — snazz it up a bit with peanut or almond butter and you've got a wonderful remedy for chronic fatigue.

Libra (Sept. 23 - Oct. 22)

Keeping blood sugar levels stable is essential for your health. Start your day with a protein-based breakfast like eggs and toast, or a protein drink with fruit. Instead of a sugary mid-morning snack, choose nuts or baked chips. A heavy carb lunch can lead to exhaustion. Instead, go with a salad featuring high-omega-3 fish like salmon or tuna, which guard against diabetes. Miso soup with seaweed at dinner will keep your skin and hair lustrous.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21)

You tend to accumulate extra weight, Scorpio, especially around the belly. This type of fat correlates with sluggish digestion and elimination or reproductive imbalances. Keep things moving by adding flax seed meal to your steel-cut oatmeal each morning. Also, eating soups with broccoli and cabbage will protect against colon and stomach cancer. Dark grapes will cleanse your liver and kidneys; blueberries will rejuvenate the pancreas.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)

As a Fire sign, you go and go until you burn out. Guard against adrenal exhaustion by starting your day with a tablespoon of energy-boosting spirulina in a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice, instead of coffee. Dishes that feature spicy chili peppers will give you the zip you crave without lots of greasy cheese. Avoid arthritis in your hips or thighs by eliminating tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)

Eating foods high in calcium — such as apples, artichokes and figs — is very important for you, as you're prone to bone disorders. Kale is effective against osteoporosis, and omega 3-rich fish like sardines and salmon relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Bananas, which benefit the muscular system, will help you avoid knee and back problems. And, super foods like alfalfa and wheat grass promote a sunny disposition.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)

Your nervous system runs at a high frequency, so you need to eat foods that ground and stabilize you. Lean protein is essential, especially for breakfast. Try tasty, soy-based breakfast links or fake bacon with your eggs, and add a slice of avocado to stabilize your blood sugar. Keep your circulatory system and blood flowing properly by eating a diet rich in beets, cabbage and celery. Dark grapes will calm you.

Pisces (Feb. 19 - March 20)

You're prone to colds and respiratory problems, Pisces, stemming from a weak immune system. Build yours up by eating lots of broccoli, carrots and cranberries, and add flax meal to your cereal to diminish allergies. Garlic is your greatest ally; it acts as both a decongestant and anti-inflammatory agent. Instead of alcohol — which can be your undoing — drink pure water with fresh lemon to remove toxins from the body.

* Was inspired by some articles I read.