Chapter Thirteen: Asking is hard

Taehyung and I walk to school side by side, meeting Jungkook and Jimin at the front.
"Hey Hyung! Your bruises are almost gone!" Jungkook smiles that adorable cute bunny smile.
"Even so, I'm always handsome" I fake flick my hair, hearing Jimin groaning. The four of us quickly walk towards our lockers.
"Did you cook lunch today?" Jungkook asks me peeking into my locker.
"Yes I did. I packed extra"
"Ah that is music to my ears. Jimin's cooking isn't as good compared to you"
"You know that hurts my feelings" Jimin pouts, Jungkook shrugs in response. The bell rings and we all say our goodbyes before I walk off to my first class.

**********

Lunch time rolls around, I make my way to my usual table. I quickly put out my lunch, separating it into portions for my children. I hear a chair move, without looking up I assume it's one of my kids.
"You took your time. I was beginning to think you didn't want my famous food"
"That does look delicious"
I look up and see Namjoon now sitting across from me.
"I-oh I meant- it's for the kids" I stutter, dropping the chopsticks. He gives me an amused chuckle.
"I know, don't worry. Can I sit here or would it piss of short stacks?"
"Short stacks?"
"Jimin"
"Ah. He would hate you more for that"
"What he doesn't know isn't gonna kill him" he winks at me, making my face feel flushed.
"Y-yeah okay you can sit"

Namjoon sits in front of me, we both don't speak but the silence isn't uncomfortable. A few minutes later I hear the loud voices of my children.
"I told you Jungkook, you can't keep throwing apples at the teacher to see if their mood will improve" Jimin scolds, not noticing Namjoon as he sits next to me.
"It was kinda worth it though, I can confirm that her mood did not improve"
"Gee, I wonder why" Jimin rolls his eyes before he makes eye contact with Namjoon.

"You" ,he narrows his eyes, "what the hell are you doing on our table?"
"Having lunch with Seokjin"
"Argh, is this always going to happen now?" Jimin whines at me.
"Well I would like to, it would be good if we could all get along considering that we are getting to know each other"
Jimin stares at me blankly, he closes his eyes and inhales loudly, taking a large breath he sighs.
"Fine, only because I love you" Jimin looks at the container and slowly begins to place it in front of himself.
"Thanks Jimin" Namjoon says.
"Piss off shit head"
"Jimin!"
"Right, sorry, I'm still trying"

"Hello everybody! Your hope has arrived!" Hoseok screams as he does a wiggle dance in front of the table, Yoongi walks past him and sits next to Namjoon with a massive yawn. Jimin side eyes him, looking even more pissed. I grab his hand and hold it reassuringly, he seems to calm down slightly by this gesture.
"Hello Suga. Hello sunshine!" Taehyung says enthusiastically.
"Hello Taehyung" Hoseok turns red and sits beside Yoongi.
"Argh that was disgusting" Yoongi yawns, lowering his head onto the table. Jimin side eyes him with disgust before looking at his portion of food.

"Well this is a fun gathering huh?" Taehyung says happily.
"Yeah, super fun. Most fun I've had all day" Jimin spits sarcastically.
"Sarcasm isn't a good look for you" Jungkook says, sharing his share of my food with Taehyung.
"Says the apple thrower"
"It's in the name of science!"
"You're not even good at science" Jimin scoffs.
"Oh someone's salty over here" Jungkook smirks. Jimin heaves angrily. The two continue to bicker, Hoseok peacefully eats his lunch whilst turning red every now and then when Taehyung looks at him. Yoongi still had his head on top of the table, probably sleeping.

I look up, Namjoon stares at me with a grin.
"What?"
"Nothing"
"You're staring at me. It's creepy" I go back to eating my food.
"I liked the view" he smirks at me, I roll my eyes.
"I'm not surprised, I am world wide handsome after all" I flick my hair out of my eyes, sending a wink his way. His entire face turns bright red, as he covers his face with his hands. He finally looks up, clearing his throat.
"Seokjin?"
"Yes?"
"Me"
"You?"
"You"
"Me?"
"Date?"
"Date? It's the fifth today" confused I continue to eat.
"I know that-"
"-so why did you ask the date?"
"-what? N-no I didn't ask the date"
"But you did? You said 'date' in a question like tone?" I narrow my eyes at him, he's stupid.
"I asked you on a date!"
Huh?
"What? Me?"
"Yes you!" Namjoon squeaks.

"You guys are doing great" Yoongi says sarcastically, now showing his face "you know by the time you crack the code we will have graduated already"
"I think it's enduring, they're both stupid. Works out" Jungkook slurps noddles loudly.
"That is rude. Both your comment and your loud slurping" I tell him, he sticks his tongue out at me before slurping again.
No one says anything for a minute, everyone's eyes are on me.
"What are you all staring at?"
"We're waiting!" Hoseok says.
"For?"
"Your reply dammit, hurry up!"
I look at Namjoon, who looks like he's holding in his breath and I'm worried if I don't say anything he might just die right here.
"Yes, that sounds like a great idea"
Namjoon sighs in relief, Jimin sighs in defeat and the rest cheer (except Yoongi, who put his head back down on the table).
"Awesome, I'll see you after school! Can't wait to see you" he winks at me, making me feel super flustered.

*************

Namjoon waits for me at the entrance at school, I see him leaning on the wall talking to Hoseok and Yoongi. I clutch my bag nervously, breathing in and out slowly. I hear Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook all stand next to me.
"Go get 'em tiger!" Jungkook growls, smacking my butt.
"Good luck Jinnie! I'll wait up for you, tell me everything!" Taehyung smiles, rubbing my back. Jimin remained quiet, both Taehyung and Jungkook nudge him.
"Good luck hyung" Jimin mumbles.
"Come on, better than that!" Taehyung whacks his shoulder.
"Ow! Gees okay, Jin have fun, if he does anything funny I will kick him in the balls"
"Thank you." I smile gratefully at them, even though I know Jimin hates him I can see he's trying. I wave bye at them, walking toward Namjoon.

"They grow up so fast" Jungkook fake cries behind me.
"He's gonna be okay Jiminie, gotta trust him"
"I know, it just makes me sad"
I smile to myself as I continue making my way to Namjoon. I hear Namjoon talking to Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Does my breath smell bad?"
"No it's fine, just take this just in case you feel anxious about it" Hoseok hands him a packet of gum, "You'll be great! Just remember what we taught you"
"Yeah don't fuck up" Yoongi says nonchalantly.
"Thanks Yoongi"
"Just be yourself okay?" Hoseok tells him, now patting him on the shoulder, "good luck, have fun"

I stand behind them, making Namjoon turn to look at me.
"Hi" I squeak.
"Hey, you ready?" He smiles at me, Hoseok squeals as he grabs onto Yoongi's arm and starts shaking his body side to side.
"Stop it!" He whines.
"Guys, please go away" Namjoon hisses at them.
"Sorry! Bye guys have fun! Let's go Yoongi you're ruining the mood"
"Me!?"
Hoseok laughs, grabbing the shorter male and running with him as Yoongi screams in protest.

"So...you ready to go?" Namjoon rubs the back of his nape, I smile.
"Yes. So what's the plan?"

*************

Yay Namjin's first date!!!! Super excited that the story is progressing, I had really bad writers block. Hope you liked the update ♥️