Chapter 35: Day 22: Our Time

A/N:
I updated more early than I thought I would wooo

Be proud.

———

"(Y/N)."

Mmm.... Five more minutes....

"(Y/N)." Whoever is waking me up, they're quite persistent at it. "I have something important to say." "Uggghhh... I slept late last night, leave me be..." I sighed, turning my head to another side. They didn't leave, just sat there beside me...

Are they staring?

Okay, I'm uncomfortable.

Opening my eyes, and it was... "Ramu?" "Mhm. I knew that'd get you to wake up... Anyways, congratulations (Y/N). I didn't know you'd make it this far off into it." The female chuckled and pull out her phone. "I'm quite jealous with that person you'll spend the rest of your time with, but hey, I don't want to interfere anymore. Just make today count, alright?"

"What do you mean... Am I still dreaming...?" I asked while wiping drools off my mouth as I reality check myself. "No, you're not... You'll understand soon. Anyway, let's go eat something."

We both got down the stairs and went to the table. Ramu was staring at it for a short while, before taking my wrist. "Hey, do you mind spending today... With me?"

Huh?

"A-Actually, just this morning, you do have work to do, after all." Ramu tuck her hair strands behind her ears, waiting for my answer. "Yeah, I mean, hanging out with you is always fun, after all."

Ramu beams with excitement.

"Alright, let's head off."

The brunette took me out of the mansion, while some others did look at our direction, I'm sure they want to ask something too but, they probably decided it'd be better to not say anything.

She didn't take me anywhere too fancy, just the usual breakfast place as I got myself toast and bacon, and she has pancakes instead. I kind of wished I also ordered it once I saw her dish, but that's fine, I still have tomorrow to come over to this place.

"The bread of this place is surprisingly soft and crunchy at the same time...! If... You know what I mean." I say, taking another bite of my bread and decapitates the egg for me to put in my mouth. Not too oily... Gosh, I wish every places are the same as this!

"I know right, that's why I want to invite you here... And maybe take me here next time too." Ramu smiled. "Oh? You want me to personally invite you out? Hehe, I'll do that when you least expect it~"

Ramu chuckled.

We ate and talk for a while, and before I know it. It's already time for work.

"What a shame..." Ramu sighed, twiddling with her fingers. "You know, (Y/N). I wish I can be with you. Here or when we go back home. But... It's hard to do so, I understand." She takes a step closer to me.

"You should know that I really like you... I don't hope for anything in return, I just need you to know that..." She leaned into me, I could feel her soft and steady breath as she inches closer, while my heart's racing, not knowing what I should do.

I couldn't even move.

"..."

...!

Ramu backs off in a matter of seconds and catches her breath. "I-I'm so sorry! I'm really sorry, I don't know what got over me and-" "N-No... It's fine... It's not like I'm really... bothered..." I don't know what to think either.