Luckily Unlucky

Mira would like to think she's a good sister-in-law.

She kept Yue's secret dream crush for years and she even covered for her when Arnook asked for Yue's whereabouts last night, much to Tekka's disapproval.

She was a good sister-in-law. Maybe even the best sister-in-law in the world.

But even she couldn't help Yue when Arnook barged into the dining room that morning at breakfast, asking why Yue wasn't in her room.

Mira's eyes widened as the rest of the group paused, suddenly realizing that Zuko hadn't shown up either.

Sokka spoke quietly, "No way..."

Yesterday, after Tekka stormed out, Mira had left to talk Tekka down and cover for Yue.

It had been a long day and the group was tired so everyone had decided to go to sleep early instead of waiting for Zuko to finish his date.

Sokka figured Zuko would just come back to his room and sleep after his date. Then he could ask him for all the juicy details in the morning.

There's no way... He's in a city of people that hate him... He isn't that stupid...

But as the group looked around guiltily, realizing that no one had seen Zuko or Yue since last night, Sokka realized Zuko may be dumber than he thought.

Arnook felt his anger rise at the silence in the room, the Avatar and his companions looking guiltily away from him.

Well, the Avatar and most of his companions...

Arnook's eyes widened as he realized who else was missing, glaring at the Avatar.

"Where's the Firebender?"

Aang gulped, trying not to think about how he kind of promised that Zuko wouldn't go around unsupervised.

I mean... he's not totally unsupervised. Yue's with him.

Somehow that didn't seem like the right thing to say so Aang tried his best to help Zuko out.

"Uh... Zuko wakes up at dawn, so maybe he left early..."

Arnook glared at the Avatar who was clearly lying to him, trying to hold in his fury.

He snapped his eyes to Mira, who told him that Yue had retired early yesterday.

"Mira, where is Yue?"

Mira gulped as she tried to think of a way to get Yue out of this.

Before she could though her fiancée spoke up, "She's with the Firebender. We haven't seen them since yesterday."

Mira shot Tekka a betrayed look as Arnook clenched his fist in fury, storming out of the mess hall to find his daughter and strangle the Firebender she was probably with.

The group descended into silence as Arnook left, Aang, Katara, and Sokka sharing a look as they shared the same thought.

We have to find Zuko.

.........

Yue woke up, feeling a warm arm around her waist as she lay on the soft grass.

She opened her eyes, feeling butterflies in her stomach as she saw the sun rays spread across Zuko's resting face.

He looks so peaceful...

She traced his cheek, imagining that the sunlight was his old golden tattoo. Memorizing his face when it was free of worry or pain.

I could get used to this.

She snuggled up next to him, deciding that she wasn't ready to wake him yet. She felt his chest rise and fall through the parka he was wearing, still too big on him.