Chapter 1

"Just you wait Kim Rok Soo! The moment I'm out of this fucking place I'm going to give you hell you hear me?!"

Kim Rok Soo simply watches his uncle being escorted away in the police car due to drug usage and abuse charges.

He doesn't have any other relatives so where will he go?

Uncle used to take care of him after his parents died because his uncle loves him,right?

(Lies, his uncle isn't the same person who would play with him anymore)

Uncle would be back and say sorry for all the time he hurt Rok Soo because it was due to influence of the drugs,right?

(No...Uncle HATED him)

He missed Mommy and Daddy.

Mommy is a disaster in the kitchen which is why she was banned from entering it. Mommy isn't offended in the slightest, she even jokes about how she really is the worst in cooking that Daddy is horrified whenever he heard Mommy in the kitchen.

Daddy is.. well, he is a strict man but kind nonetheless. He may be stoic but never fails to show his affection through his action.

Daddy said that he wanted Rok Soo to understand that the best thing to do in life is to be alive and slacking off without a worry in the world which is why he is strict so that Rok Soo could have an easy life in his later years.

Daddy once said that if Mommy ever went in the kitchen without him at home, Rok Soo HAVE to call Daddy no matter what. If Daddy isn't available, call an ambulance.

But now Mommy and Daddy are no more. Rok Soo would rather eat Mommy's cooking than being with uncle again.

Being with uncle hurt. Uncle always said that it's Rok Soovs fault that Mommy and Daddy died but he didn't control death? So how could it be his fault?

He really should pay attention to where he was going because now he is in a police station going into a dark room.

No window, a dim light.

It's scary.

Mister policeman keep on asking him things like where did uncle get the drug supply or is he involved in any way and more complicated things he can't understand.

With no answer to give, he kept quiet the whole time creeping the investigator out. It wasn't his fault that he really did not know the answer to the questions, he is nothing but a kid.

After a while, he was put in a car and they're going somewhere unknown, again.

Ah.. So he was brought to the orphanage.

Atleast he would be given food.

All the other kids won't look at him, let alone come near him. He understand why atleast, he is ugly and stupid. His uncle always says that to him whenever he got home drunk and reeks of booze.

(Understanding doesn't mean it doesn't hurt)

All the older kids would surround him and hit him till purple bruises formed because he was the reason why his uncle was arrested. He was a misfortune and the faster he die, the faster the misfortune would go away they say.

(They aren't wrong in the slightest. That Kim Rok Soo is sure of)

One day, a man with long golden hair and green eyes entered the orphanage along with a woman with white long hair, most likely his daughter, to do voluntary work.

Obviously there's other people too but his attention was drawn to those two.

The two of them were swarmed by everyone else asking questions like: "Why your hair gold old man?" "Miss you look pretty, marry me!"

However, he also heard the less nice to hear about such as: "Missy, do you see that boy with brown reddish eyes that looks like corpse there, don't go to him." or "Mister, that boy is a curse and trash don't go near him or you'll be cursed!"

He knew it.

There's no way all the other kids won't warm these two nice looking person about him.

Ah. Now they're looking at him.

They're gonna scold him for being a misfortune.

The two of them spoke to each other and laughed warmly towards the other.

(They looked...warm and happy. Would his future looks like that someday too?)

The golden haired man was coming...toward him? Did he do something wrong?

Unconciously he stiffened up ready to be hit by the man when the man stopped and went to the registration table to talk about something.

The woman who was at the register was explaining something to the man flinched when said man slammed the table with an angry expression.

The woman immediately bowed spewing apologies when the man's daughter came to the counter with a cold expression demanding something.

The woman on the counter nodded multiple times, her head almost falling off the counter.

The beautiful golden haired man harrumph with a barely satisfied expression leaving the shaking woman alone.

Ever since then, the father-daughter pair would come by the orphanage everyday for more than a month just to spend time with him. HIM.

"Why did the two of you decided to play with me? Why not them?" Rok Soo once asked the man, Eruhaben, he learned.

"Foolish child. We have decided to spend time with you, not those ignorant children who have no boundary of disrespect toward the elders."

"Well, we like to spend time with you!"

Was the answer that he get from them.

The misfortune child. Why him?

Everytime they spend time with him, he feels like his heart is going to burst from warmth that he received. He feels.. Comfortable with them.

"Hello child. My father and I has been thinking about this for a while now but would like to ask if you would like to go home with us?" The kind white haired woman, Sherrit, he learned her name was asked.

Go...home?

With them?

"Of course!" He enthusiastically agreed. Well who wouldn't want a warm place where he could even possibly call his home?

"Well then, pack up your things and let's go home. We'll help you out, obviously." Eruhaben-nim said while patting his head.

It was like a dream.

He would be able to feel warmth again. If it is a dream, he don't want to wake up.

Kim Rok Soo, for the first time in a long while, smiled.