Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The following week we were standing outside. Everyone was wearing black, I had Phoenix in my arms and I held Mae's hand. She knew what happened now; everyone knew what had happened to Jason. James was being comforted by his mate, I didn't really know her but she seemed perfect. All I knew was that her name was Amanda and she is extremely shy. I felt Thaddeus behind me, and I leaned in to his chest. 

"Sissy," Mae whispered. I shifted Phoenix to my shoulder and squatted down to her level. 

"Yes, Mae?"

"Jason's in heaven right?"

I sent her a small smile, "Yes, he is."

The ceremony that we all dreaded commenced. I sat quietly in between my mother, who now had Phoenix in her arms, and Thaddeus on my other side. I tried not to tear up, while watching little Mae curled up next to Carter and Rosaline, crying. 

Once it was over, we all stayed and talked for a bit, catching up. As the hour grew late, my family left, in order to give Mae a reasonable amount of sleep. I protested, asking them to stay over but they declined. 

I changed Phoenix and put him in his little pajamas. He was growing insanely fast. Too fast for a werewolf to be growing. I had to talk to the nurse about how fast he was growing, he was just starting to crawl and stand on his two feet, which for his age was very strange. I placed him in his crib and snuck in the bed. Thaddeus joined me and I cuddled up to his chest. He kissed my head and I went into a deep slumber. 

***

I woke up and Thaddeus was missing from the bed. I sighed, climbed out of bed, went to pick up Phoenix from his crib and change him into some clothes. I carried him downstairs and set him in his highchair to feed him some apple sauce, which he seemed to enjoy. When he finished, I picked him up and went to Thaddeus' office. To be honest, there wasn't much to do. The midwives offered to take Phoenix so that I could get some proper sleep. I thanked them and fell asleep on the comfortable couch in Thaddeus' office. 

***

I woke up in the morning squeezing my arms around Thaddeus' chest. I never realized how squishy and comforting it was... I opened my eyes and realized that it wasn't Thaddeus, but a nice fluffy pillow instead. I groaned inside the pillow and turned to the side. On the wooden bed table, there was a note.

Where you eat, on the hard wood table.

P.S. Phoenix is at the daycare for the day.

I rolled my eyes at this. Wow, thanks Thaddeus. What the heck? Just leave me hanging like that? I sighed and got out of bed. I changed into a yellow sundress and black sandals put my hair up in a ponytail, and made my way downstairs. Expecting to see Thaddeus, I saw my plate filled with food. I sat down, sort of weirded out by the whole situation. I ate my eggs and bacon, which were absolutely amazing. Picking up my plate, a small white note was under it. I placed my plate to the side and unfolded the note.

You found me! I hope you had a good breakfast! If you haven't noticed, this is a scavenger hunt. Decided to have a little fun with you, Darling ;).

Next Clue:

You love this place, I know because you love Disney movies.

I literally ran over to the TV. I love scavenger hunts! They are absolutely amazing. OH, MY GOD!

I found the clue taped very poorly to the back of the TV, but let's not worry about that. I unfolded the next note.

They smell really nice, they also are the color of my enemy's blood.