Chapter 10: Why did this have to happen now?!

I havent uploaded in soooooo long, im so sorry but ive been so busy with exams right now i havent had the time, but im working on it! Thanks for all the feedback! :)

This was all to strange, not being funny but I’d only ever met him once and it’s not like we even had a proper conversation, how can someone feel something and want to see me again? I know it’s crazy by something inside me wanted to say yes and agree to meet him, but another side of me couldn’t, I liked what I had with Harley and I didn’t want to ruin it.

Why these things come at the wrong time? if I had never met Harley I would be pretty happy, its’ not every day that someone like that gives me their number demanding to see me again!

This was so annoying, why why why did this have to happen now! I was stuck in the middle, so many different options where running around my mind but I didn’t know which one to take. One little meeting with him wouldn’t hurt anyone right? Before I knew it my cell was in my hand replying to Noah…

“When and where?”

..Sent

It was sent. You know you have to take risks in life sometimes, so I guess I just took a really big one. It’s not like I’m doing anything bad right? We can be friends still, I suppose…

Wow he was quick and replying..

“Now? Café in town?”

God he was eager. It was only 5.15 so it wasn’t too late. I decided not to start thinking about it, I threw on some of the new clothes I brought the other day, put on a bit of makeup, pulled down my hair and replied to Noah…

“Sure, I’ll be there in 10”

“Mom I’m going out for a bit, I shouldn’t be that long, any problems call me on my cell” I called

“Okay sweetie, see you later” she called back

And before I knew it my shoes were on and I was out the door.

I didn’t want to think about what I was doing because if I did then I would probably end up turning around and walking back into the house, I wanted to see him again, if you had seen him you’d understand. I’d never seen anything like him before and without a doubt he was the best looking guy I had ever seen in my life. He was a maximum age of 20 he couldn’t be any older, but whatever age he was, why was he interested in me, a guy like him wanting to see me? This had to be some sort of joke.

I had done a lot of thinking and before I knew it I was round the corner from where we’d be meeting, not going to lie I was pretty darn nervous, I had butterflies in my stomach and goose pimples on my arms, great look eve.

I walked slowly around the corner and saw a guy standing outside, oh god it was him. I walked promptly to wear he was standing and was hoping he wouldn’t turn around and follow my footsteps towards him, that would be so awkward. I was about 5 footsteps away from him, when he turned around, his gaze met mine, a look that could have melted me there and then, his turquoise green eyes looked as if they were in a glass cabinet, and everything about him was perfect. His slanted smile hung gently on his face, why did he have to look like this?!

“Hello Eve” he said smiling, showing his perfect set of gleaming white teeth.

“Hello” I replied sounding a bit dazzled

“So shall we go inside?” he said letting his arm guide me into the café

We sat at a table at the back of the café, to where we ordered a coffee. I didn’t have a clue what to say to him, this was all so bizarre, what was I doing?

We had the ‘normal’ conversation which consisted of, ‘how’re you’, ‘have you had a good day’ and so on. We talked about ourselves in general, like hobbies and interests. He seemed like a really nice guy, but too nice, there had to be a catch, he seemed too perfect.

“How old are you?” he asked glancing at me over his cup of coffee

“How old do you think I look?” I said challengingly, I wanted to know exactly how old he thought I was…

“Hmm I’m guessing around the 16-18 mark, so I’d probably go for 17”

“Good guess” I said impressively “How old are you?”

“How old do you think I look?” He said with smiling cheekily..

“Well I’d say around the 18-20 mark, so I’d say 19?” I said grinning, two can play at that game..

“Impressive, but there’s a catch...”

“Would you like the bill sir?” said the annoying waitress who looked completely dazzled by Noah

“Yes, that would be great thanks” He replied

The waitress hurried back promptly, to where Noah laid a brand new $20 bill on the dish

“Keep the change” he said to the waitress, giving her a polite smile “Shall we go?” he said to me..

“Yeah, sure” I replied not even giving me a chance to pay for my own coffee, I hate people paying for me; I’m quite capable of paying for myself!

“Would you like a ride home?” he offered

“No its okay, I only live 10 minutes away, I’ll walk” I said back to him, I wasn’t saying it to be polite, I would have rathered the walk..

“No I insist its dark and cold, you don’t even have a coat” he said laughing looking at me cradling my goose pimpled arms…

“No really its fi…”

He cut me off before I could finish my sentence…

“Just get in the car Eve” he laughed

“Fine” I replied, did he not realise legs were made for walking.

We set off on the journey back to my house. I just wanted to get home, so I could think about the situation I had just put myself in. He clearly didn’t want to be ‘just friends’ and I had Harley now. God this was so annoying…

“What’s worrying you? He asked softly

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“Well you’re twiddling your fingers, often a sign” he said

“Oh nothings worrying me, I’m fine” I said, with a small smile arising to my lips

“Evie, what are you?”

What did he mean, what was I? I was majorly confused; did he sense something from me, that I didn’t have what it was?

“I’m confused?” I laughed awkwardly

“You’re different from anyone I have ever met before, like really different and not in a bad way, its just I can’t figure it out?” he said, looking at me seriously

“If I knew myself then I’d tell you, but I don’t know what you’re talking about, maybe I’m just different” I laughed softly, was he referring to me being different as in werewolf different?

Noah’s POV

I couldn’t put my finger on it, she was definitely not human but she wasn’t what I was either.

The problem with being a vampire was that you could sense the different blood types of humans and hers didn’t match to anything I had ever smelt before.  I didn’t have an urge to kill her, I felt normal around her like she was one of me, but that’s the thing she wasn’t one of me.

I had to see her again, even if my life depended on it, I had to find out what she was.