Chapter 5: Hello Wycombe high, please be nice

Monday, December 11th, 2010, 7am

Dear diary,

Today is my first day at ‘Wycombe High’, wish me luck…

Monday had arrived quicker than I wanted it to. Yeah I was a bit excited, but I was more nervous than anything, it was going to be like starting school all over again…

I decided to make myself look reasonably nice, first impressions always count, my mother kept telling me, I think she wanted me to make some friends, think she noticed I didn’t really have that many back in my last school..

“Honey, this is a fresh start, you need more of a social life, it’s what you need” my mother said to me whilst I was eating breakfast..

“Yeah, yeah, whatever mum, I’ll do my best but I’m not guaranteeing anything” I said,

I didn’t want to get into a debate, so I told her what she wanted to hear..

“That’s my girl, now you hurry up, we need to leave in half an hour”

I trailed back upstairs, brushed my teeth and put on a bit of makeup…

Surprisingly Tyler was already up, guess he wanted to make a long lasting good impression off his own back…

“5 minutes guys, make sure you have everything. Your lunch money is already in your bags” my mom called to us both,

Bless her, now she didn’t have a job to go to she could be the proper house wife she’d always wanted to be, strange, I would have rathered a career to be honest, but I guess that’s just me!

 We made our way out the door, in exactly 5minutes and started our journey to school, It was roughly going to take about 10 minutes, so I could try and calm my nerves before we got there… or not..

My I could already feel the butterflies running around furiously in my stomach, my hands were shaking a little and I could feel my cheeks going a little pink…shit I was scared.

We got there with 5 minutes to spare, the parking lot was filled with students and some of them where already eyeing up our car, GREAT!

We all got out, including my mom and made our way to reception…I could feel everyone’s eyes on us, I kept my head down and quicken my pass to get to reception before anyone could stop me and ask me questions…

When we got to reception I noticed Kasey standing in the doorway with a huge smiled beaming on his lips, thank god he was there at least I knew someone, meaning hopefully I wouldn’t have to sit on my own at lunch!

“Hey Evie, how are you on this lovely morning?” he laughed,

The weather was horrible, it had been raining the night before so we had been left with enormous puddles and trails of mud..

“Haha, I’m great, a little nervous but yeah, how are you?”

“Yep I’m good, shall we get going then?” he smiled gesturing his arm to the door that presumably leads us into the actual reception..

My mom was already standing there filling out a dozen and one forms whilst Tyler was standing there looking all pretty…

“Oh honey, made a new friend already, Hi I’m Evie’s mother” she said holding out her hand for Kasey to shake..

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kasey and I shall be showing your daughter around our school today” he said politely, smiling at my mother…

You could tell she liked him already, I didn’t know if it was because he was a boy or she was genuinely happy I had made a new friend…