See you on the Other Side? {Chapter 21}

"-and thats why we need you guys to come back." Spike inhaled deeply as he finished explaining about the Running of The Leaves. "I know you guys haven't finished your-" He was interrupted, "Actually Spike, AJ and I managed to figure it out already, and.. I think we're all good to go." Rainbow turned her head to grin at Applejack as she grinned in return. "Although we won't know for sure until we get back home to see our cutie mark." Applejack supplied.

"I think you guys will be alright." Sunset chimed in. "How do you sound so sure, Sunset?" Sci-Twi asked, "Hmm, I dunno. Just a hunch." She replied, smiling knowingly at the two Equestrians who both had a rosy tint to their cheeks.

"Well then, I guess that settles it then. Goodbye Applejack and Rainbow Dash, safe travels ladies." Rarity said, seemingly quick to get it over with although it was obvious she would be missing the two 'troublemakers'.

"It was very nice meeting you girls. Bye..!" Said Fluttershy, her voice only wavering slightly as it cracked the slightest bit at the end.

Rainbow and AJ's counterparts saluted and waved respectively. Guess they were still a little confused about the whole ordeal.

Sci-Twi waved politely as she fumbled with her glasses, trying to clean them of the recently accumulated dust and ash. Sunset, who stood next to her, had her arms crossed as she nodded to them in respect, her knowing grin never leaving her golden face.

"AwhmanImgonnamissyouguyssomuchwehadsosososomuchfunanditwassofuntoalmostDIEwithyouguysandIcantwaitforyouguystocomebacksowecanDOITAGAINandhaveaPARTYand Im so gonna miss you guys!!!!" Was all the two Equestrians could hear blast in their ears as their necks were squeezed like sponges by the one and only- "Pinkie Pie!  You are going to strangle them, dear!". The party girl in question chuckled sheepishly as she reluctantly let go of the two girls.

"Well, time to go guys!" Spike said as he trotted over to the glowing pool of.. glow. He simply stepped in it and disappeared in a flash. "Painless enough, right?" Rainbow Dash said as she turned to look at her partner, the one she trusted and cared for the most. Applejack turned her head to meet Rainbow's gaze as she smiled softly, "I guess so. I'll see you on the other side Rainbow." Was the reply as AJ mock-saluted Rainbow and stepped in the portal, never looking back. Rainbow stared at the portal, looked back and smiled at all of the girls, who were all off in their own worlds. She found herself making eye contact with Sunset Shimmer. "Go for it." Was what her lips read, although Rainbow had a sneaky feeling that Sunset wasn't talking about the portal.

Rainbow Dash quickly turned back and decided to just get it over with, better to rip the bandaid off then let it stick.

---------

"UMPH" was the loud sound that came from Applejack as she was smushed by the (now!) pegasus that was Rainbow Dash.

Then she heard the most ear jabbing gasp she'd ever heard in her life, followed by an even more aggravating sound, "TWIIIIIIIILIIIIIIIIGHT. THEYRE BAAAAACK!" The pink earth pony heaved and screamed at the top of her lungs. Applejack covered her ears, noticing that she now had her long-missed orange hooves back.

"Owww, what was that noise? That hurt more than the fall." Grumbled Rainbow Dash, who was also covering her ears as she rolled off of AJ.

Then all of a sudden there were multiple bodies throwing themselves on top of Rainbow. "Oh my gosh, you guys are safe!" "Thank Celestia! I was about to have a panic!" "Im so glad you guys are okay!" "WE MISSED YOU SO SO MUCH!!". That last one made everyponies ears twitch, but soon they all started laughing and crying because thats just what the best of friends do.

"Now, we have a Running of The Leaves to attend!" Announced Twilight, as the not so quiet groan from Spike and Rarity were heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Now that was very random. Haha heya I finally updated, and I wrote this in a whole sitting! And I will be finishing this story today mind you. Probably in the next hour or two even. And this is for real this time. Hope everyone had a good holiday season as the year of 2022 comes to a close. Stay safe everyone!💙