Vol 6. Chapter 1 - Sycophancy Time

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

I woke up early on the third day of the Uninhabited Island Exam. I got up from my sleeping bag, and exited my tent. Upon inspecting my surrounding, I can see Karma fishing by the shoreline; his tent all packed up.

After our conversation last night, having a chat with him now this early may not be the best idea.

I left to relieve myself by some nearby shrubs. When I got back, I started packing up my tent. As I did that, Yosuke awoke, followed by Nanase, Mii-chan, and Mori.

"Good morning everyone." Greeted Yosuke.

We all greeted back.

"Where's Akabane-kun?" He asked.

I pointed towards Karma by the shoreline, fishing.

The girls took turns with the porta potty, while Yosuke joined Karma to go fishing.

Right now it was 5:38 am. The first interval for our designated areas is 7:00 am. We have until then to get ready. We all woke up relatively early. In mine and Karma's case though, it's usually to plan ahead, whereas for Yosuke's group, the female species tend to have more necessities than us male.

Probably one of the worst case scenarios a woman could have during an exam like this is going through their menstrual cycle. It does beg the question though: if one does have the unfortunate circumstance, would she be penalized should she seek medical attention on the ship?

It's not really an illness, rather just something every woman experiences at some points throughout the year. It's not something like a fever, or injury, that can be prevented. A woman being told to drop out due to having her menstrual cycle during an island exam is like telling a blind man from birth that it's their fault they can't see.

That aside, while the other group, and Nanase continue to proceed with their routine, Karma and I have yet to continue strategizing. From an outsider's point of view, it would be because we are busy with other duties; I on clean up duty, and Karma on readying food.

That, however, is not the case. He must not want to talk to me after our talk last night. In an exam such as this, any sort of discord between teammates is not ideal. However, if he continues to lament on the past, it may cloud his judgement.

In our relatively short reunion together, one thing I've learned about him is that he can't always lay his feelings bare. He may be expressive, but when it comes to being genuine, he puts up a tough front. So much so that he's even fooling himself.

Perhaps it was a bad move on my part to have pressed him on in admitting it, but it needed to happen sooner or later. 

After a bit of time, we all gathered around to have breakfast. Karma kept up his front, and acted like he wasn't the least bit bothered by anything from last night. A talent he must have honed in order to not show weakness.

As everyone ate, nothing seemed amiss. The girls and Yosuke talked like normal, while Karma continued making quips. It's as if nothing happened. It felt like a normal camping experience between youths; something I had been wanting to experience ever since the first island exam.

This, and us gathering around the campfire last night are experiences I would look back on as something I may only get to experience in my short time here.

Alas, all good things come to an end. As we finished eating our meals, we quickly packed up our belongings, and waited for the notification on our respective devices. Once the clock hit 7am, our devices alerted us to our first designated areas.

Twin Demons (Classroom of the Elite and Assassination Classroom Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें