Vol. 1, Chapter 4 - Date & Revelations

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

After Amasawa rudely interrupted my date with Kei yesterday, we decided to have another one. This time, I was more prepared.

I set up dinner, while also taking more precautionary measures. I did some snooping and found that Amasawa was busy today. Apparently her class was holding a study group, and she made to participate. With her out of the way, I had to make sure that my schedule was free.

I didn't want Horikita to just suddenly come up to me asking for a favor, and I informed the Ayanokoji group ahead of time that I have some stuff going on. I checked in on Karma to make sure he also doesn't barge in. He says he'll be out watching the new movie that was recently released in Keyaki Mall, and that he'll be hitting up the library as soon as the movie was done.

I want to believe him, but part of me says he's planning something. I can assume he's indeed gonna be doing those things, but after that, I'm not quite sure. As I was setting up the table with food for my date with Kei, I received a message from her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sender: Kei

I just got out of the
shower. I'll be over
soon

Okay. I'll be waiting.
Make sure to watch
out for people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With my preparations in place, all I have to now is wait. I checked my reflection in the mirror to see if there was anything off with my appearance.

*ding dong*

The doorbell rang. I went over to open the door to let Kei in, but I felt something was off. As I motioned to open the door, I felt the instinctive need to duck. As I did, a punch, aimed at my face, was thrown at me, and this red haired devil entered my room with a shopping bag in hand.

"Yow! Evening."

"Karma, what are you doing here? I thought you were out."

I asked this as he made his was on over to my bed and laid down on it.

"Well I did have a plan to go see a movie, but-"

*ding dong*

The doorbell rang again. I opened the door and see Kei wearing a lovely dress. It was the same one she wore when I confessed to her. She really looked cute in it. She entered my room and started taking off her shoes.

"Sorry it took a while Kiyotaka, but I saw Maezano-san on the way. She didn't see me though, and I had to make sure she went away."

"Uh..Kei. About today's date-"

"It's alright Kiyotaka. I said I'd help with the dishes no matter wha-"

As she was talking, she looked on over to my bed and sees Karma grinning at us from ear to ear, laying down on my bed with his legs crossed, and one arm rested beneath the pillow.

"Yow. What a nice surprise."

"Uh.... Kiyotaka? Why is he here?"