chapter 9

Y/n pov

I was pacing around my room thinking about Laura and neals new way of keeping dad away from charlie when i felt two hands cup my jaw. The comforting smell if hot chocolate filling the air around me.

"Your doing it again" Bernard said putting his forehead to mine.

"I know" I whispered not looking in his eyes.

"Your anxiety is giving me anxiety" he said with a small laugh. He paused for a second. "Hey look at me." I slowly lifted my eyes up to his. "It's ok." He pulled me into a hug. "Your dad will be fine and so will charlie. I promise you" he whispered. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry. Just nervous" I whispered.

"Don't apologize. Your ok" he said while holding the back of my head.

"Charlie is going to the judge today. I don't know what he's going to say"

"Even if the thing does go through do you really think your dads going to back down that easily"

"No..."

"Then there's nothing to worry about"

We stood there for a long time. I don't even know how long but it felt so nice.

"You should probably wait for your dad. He'll probably be home soon" Bernard said calmly.

"Yeah"

"Only a little while" he said pulling back a bit to cup my jaw again.

"Only a little while" I whispered back with a small smile. He smiled his uneven smile before placing a small kiss on my forehead and leaving.

I sighed before heading dad walk in the house

-------

Me and dad had a pretty lousy Thanksgiving. Neal and luara got a restraining order against dad. I was pissed. I had multiple fights agaist Laura about this. I mean it was like every night. Including last night. It basically went like this.

"Laura you can't do this to him or charlie" I said

"You know he's getting dangerous"

"He's not! He's really not!"

"Hes blinded you into believing these things. You have already been told about the secret!"

"Yeah but I went there"

"Oh now your sounding like charlie"

"Oh like that's a bad thing"

"It is!"

"I can't believe I once believed you'd actually protect me from anything. I can't belive I call you mom!"

"Don't you go there. At least I was there for you"

"There for me! I felt more at home with a guy I first met then you. Also where were you a few months ago only dad and "

She scoffed "I was there for you since you were young!"

"You should've shown up sooner!"

"What do you mean!"

"If you really liked dad you wouldn't of let him date that witch after mom died! You would've knocked some sense into him! If you really loved me like you you wouldn't have let that women abuse me!" I shouted.

"I didn't know!"

"You did! I told you every time dad had you watch me! Every God damn time! Now im leaving! Maybe try thinking about what the kid wants not just what you want!" I yelled slamming the front door and walking out. I had to go to dad's after that.