chapter 3

y/n pov

"so are you and your dad close" he asked

"eh not as close as we used to be" i said quietly 

"not much of a talker are you"

"uh social anxiety plus like five other things..."

"ah so ill take it slow"

"thanks"

"so im going to show you to your room and well talk there" i nodded and followed him. we made it to a door and he opned it showing a huge room. there were lights everywere and a huge bed. ther ewas a balconly that over looked overthing. it brought smile to my face. i didnt even have to fake it this time.

"this is stunning" i said looking around. i walked out to the balcony and looked out ignoring the cold that was stinging my arm. my arms was resting on the snow covered railing. i head his footsteps coming closer to me.

"your going to get sick out here" he said

"i know but its nice"

"come on we have things to talk about"

"ok" 

we walked back inside and sat down on the small step that led to a giant bed.

"ok this might be a lot to take in"

"i promise i react better than my dad. he has no filter sometimes"

"alright well your dad needs someone to help him through the santafaction progress and since your sorta close to him i was thinking of having you do this job but it would mean when he becomes santa youll become an elf most likly" 

"ok" i took a deep breath. 

"so that would be why youd come back two" 

i looked up from teh floor and into his brown eyes. 

"ill do it"

"really!" 

"yeah. this place is so nice and dad is going to need help so yeah ill do it"

"ok! you are basically going to have the same roles as me but if santa cant make it to some christmas eve run youd step in. youll be the number one elf and ill be head elf. its a weird consept"

"yeah"

"ok i need to grab something for you. get changed and ill be back" 

i nodded and he walked out. i changed into the pajamas on the dresser. the matreal was so nice looking i was afraind id ruin it. it was some pants, a tank top and a sweatshirt. soon after anouter elfe came in.

"hot choclate?" she asked

"oh yes please"

"here you go"

"thanks"

"so i hear your helping your dad"

"yeah"

"well i think youll fitin just fine. i also think bernard will make sure you do. he seems to like you"

"w-what"

"well hes usually bossing people around but he wasnt to you. he was kinder. "

"oh" i smiled slightly

"well ill be happy to see you when you come back with your dad"

"yeah i think it will be nice. i never got your name though"

"oh its judy"

"nice to meet you"

"pleasure to meet you aswell y/n" she smiled sweetly before walking out. i moved back out to the balcony with my hot choclate. i sat on a chair with my legs crossed. i watched as teh lights in teh town shined agaist teh white snow and dark sky. i heard teh door open again and someone walk throught the door. i felt someone looking at me but i didnt feel like turning around.

"you really like it out here" his voice rang through the quite of the night

"its peaceful" i said still looking forward

i heard him stepping closer.

"here" he said holding something out. he placed it in my hand. i looked at the small snow globe necklace. it had a small snow flack in the middle and water with glitter around it. i looked at and watched the glitter fall making me instantly relaxed. 

"so it has some magic in it. i can know were you are adn you can call me at anypoint by saying i wish to speak to bernard. it can also tell me if your in any trouble or need anything" he said.

"its so cool" i said still mezmerized. i turned to him." can you help me put on"

"yeah sure" 

i handed it back to him and moved my hair out of the way and he clipped in in the back. i could feel a small blush on my cheeks. 

"thanks" i said as he stepped back

"yeah. ill see you at some point soon. ill visit to help teach you how to help santa"

"ok" i said looking over at him. there was a red tint to his cheeks. 

"i have to go. it was nice meeting you y/n"

"it was nice meeting you too bernard"

"goodnight"

"goodnight" 

i watched as he walked back into the room and then heard the big door shut. i smiled to myself softly. again it wasnt forced. it felt nice to be able to look forward to something.