Chapter7

Y/n pov

A month had past and I was at dad's. I was upstairs in my room when I heard dad scream.

"Dad!?" I yelled "whats wrong"

I ran out of my room and saw him shaving in the bathroom.

"It keeps growing back!" He said looking over at me.

"What do you mea-" I got cut off by the hair growing back. My eyes widened.

"Do you see this. I'm getting fat."

"Yeah dad I see that"

"My boss kicked me out of my meeting the other day and now this!"

"Maybe go to the doctors or something" I said already knowing what was happening.

"Yeah. Yeah I will ok. I'm going to go now"

"Ok"

He walked back out of the bathroom and towards his room. I sighed before walking back to my room. Dad's car pulled out of the driveway. I watched for a second before hearing someone sit in my desk chair.

"I think it's starting" I said.

I heard them get up and then felt a hand on my shoulder. The smell of pepper mint and hot chocolate filled my sense.

"I think so to" Bernard said."I'll have to send the list soon"

I turned to look at him.

"Were going to charlies soccer game later." I paused to think "neal and Laura are not going to like this"

"Why"

"They already think he's going insane this isn't going to help" he looked at me for a second before pulling me Into a hug.

"It will all work out in the end. I can tell" he whispered into my hair. I felt my heart speed up and my cheeks feel warmer. "You wanna bake. It's probably the easiest training we have and I think Charlie would like some baked goods"

I looked back up at him with a smile

"Yeah"

He let go of me and we headed downstairs. He sat on the counter while I grabbed things for baking.

"Cookies?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah"

I started making it and I felt him looking at me.

"What?" I asked looking over. He shrugged. I shook my head a little. I finished the cookie dough and put some on the cookie pan. There was some extra in the bowl. I grabbed a spoon and handed one to him.

"Your eating the extra?" He asked

"No we are" I said putting some in my mouth. "It's good"

"Ok"

I jumped up to sit on the counter next to him.

"I want this year to go by sooner"

"Why?"

"So I can see you every day." I saw his cheeks turn more pink.

"Me to" he whispered softly. Then I heard a car pull into to driveway.

"Dad" I whispered.

"I mean I should be going back to the pole"

"Yeah..."

He slid the letter over to Me.

"See you soon snowflake" he said. I looked back at him and he was gone. I quickly put the letter in my pocket and cleaned up most of the mess before dad came inside.

"Do I smell cookies" he asked walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah I wanted to make some for charlie today"

"Sounds like a great idea."

"I thought so"

"You seem to be feeling better or well happier"

"Yeah I made a new friend"

He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Good. I'm going to go change for charlies game"

"Yeah I'll get the cookies out and change as well"

"Alright be out soon"

The timer went off and I got the cookies out of the oven before putting them on a cooling rack. I went upstairs to my room and threw on baggy jeans, black fishnets and a green and black cropped sweater. I put my combat boots on and headed back downstairs. Dad was sitting in the living room.

"Let me pack some cookies and I'll be ready" I said walking into the kitchen

"ok"

I packed some cookies and we head out. I stood by the other siblings and parents with dad next to me. I watched for a while until I saw Neil and luara.

"It's not what it looks like" I heard dad say.

"What is your dad doing" neal said. I gave him a confused look.

"He was right here" I said looking around.

"He's over there with a line of kids."

"Wha-"

"Come on charlie! We're going!" Laura yelled

"What! Mom! The games not even finished" chalrie yelled

"Neal give these to charlie. I figure dad out" I said

"Ok bye y/n"

I watched as charlie was pulled off the feild by laura

"Dad we have to go" I said as he walked over to me.

He nodded slowly before we went back home.

------

I pulled into the driveway after school to see dad yelling at some delivery trucks.

"Dad what's happening!" I said rushing out of the car.

"Look at this. I didn't order this many boxes!"

I saw the familer hand writing on the letter.

"Dud you read the letter on top"

"Oh no"

He grabbed the letter and read it.

"It's the list."

"Ah."

"What list"

I sighed and walked up stairs and sat at my bed before finally opening the letter from earlier.

"Dear snowflake

Were almost done with your training so my visit are going to stop soon. Soon enough your dad will come to his senses and you'll both be here in the north pole. I'll see you soon

Bernard"

I put the letter down on my bed. I was really looking forward to seeing him. Well only a couple months until Christmas so we'll be there soon. I hope.