chapter 8

(⚠️tw! Mention of suicide attempt⚠️)

Y/n pov

We did our last lesson the other day before he said he had to go. He left the letter and I put it on the letter box. Dad's been crazy as ever but I'm just worried about graduation and finally finishing school.

I was sitting on my bed drawing when I heard dad leave. My room has circular window seat that high up in my room. I had a secret way up there that dad didn't know. It was a safe space. I put my book under my arm and climbed up the small divets in the wall. I then pulled myself up onto the ledge of the window and sat down. I countinued drawing. I was drawing a picture of a certain someone in the north pole. He knew. He keeps asking about it but its not done and he hasn't seen it yet. He keeps trying to sneak up on me and look. I had my music playing loudly in my ears. Then I saw him from the corner of my eye looking around the room confused.

"Up here elf boy" I said looking down at him.

"How'd you get up there" he asked. I shrugged and got back down. He was leaning over to see the sketch book.

"No! When it's done"

"Fine."

"So what are we doing today"

"Today's the last day of training"

"What. Really!"

"Yeah"

"So does this mean I can't see you until after Thanksgiving"

"Yeah. Were getting into more stressful times at the pole."

"Can you make one last trip after this"

"When"

"Tomorrow"

"Why?"

"Graduation" i said quietly. A smile grew on his lips.

"Yeah I'll come"

"Thank you!" I said

"Yeah Ofcourse" he said pulling me into a hug. I felt all kinds if feelings. "Now let's get to training."

"Ok"

The last thing was flying. It was really fun. They, meaning him and some other elf brought a reindeer down so I could fly it.

Once we finished we went back up to my room. I had sweat dripping down my forehead from the heat.

"You must be dying" I said looking around his made for the cold outfit

"A little" he said.

"You should get back to the pole. Cool down a bit"

"Yeah"

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I'll try. If not I'll do something for you at the pole"

"Ok"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I watched as the sparkles fizzled out. I let my shoulders drop before going back to drawing.

"Hey kiddo you home" dad asked.

"Yeah just drawing" I yelled back. I started getting more comfortable with being home with dad.

--------

I desided not to explain this to him now but today is graduation. I looked in the mirror and saw the glittery checks like the elfs have and a slight point in my ear.

I let out a sigh. That's whats hair is for. I put on my off the shoulder summer dress. It was flowy and reached around mid thigh. I brushed my hair out and put it in front of my ears. I put on my heels and finished up some makeup.