45 👑 The Past IV

Thank you chimes for 5k+ reads

Seoyeon was on her way to Elesia. The journey was not smooth though it took only three days to reach there. The small group of royals was caught up in a thunderstorm where Taehyung was completely drenched and caught a severe cold. He was unable to wake up due to a high fever. Seoyeon accused God of making the life of the innocent child so hard.

Finally, she stood at the doorstep of the Imperial Elesian palace. The door was immediately opened for her since everyone knew the identity of Seoyeon. She walked into the enormous courtroom where she met a boy, maybe six or seven years old. His eyes were hard like stone and he hardly smiled contrasting to her son. He stared at her with an utmost cold gaze.

"May I speak with the Empress, child?" Seoyeon politely asked.

"Not before I know who you are and if you two could be trusted." He judgementally eyed her worn-out form and the sick boy in her arms.

"I am-"

"Empress Seoyeon?" She was cut off by another feminine voice. Min Jihye, the empress of Elesia walked down the aisle towards them. "Yoongi. Did I not teach you to be polite?" She scolded the boy.

"But mother, they are strangers! They could harm us, while father is away!" little Yoongi retorted which earned him a glare from his mother.

"Prince Yoongi, I order you to leave this room. Now." She deadpanned which made the boy walk out of the courtroom. Jihye smiled apologetically at Seoyeon, "I am sorry for my son's behavior. He is just overprotective since his father is out of the kingdom. But I am surprised to see you and Prince Taehyung in this state. You're pregnant, you shouldn't be traveling so long distance, it could affect your child as well as you."

Seoyeon bursted into tears at her words. She held Tae tighter against her bosom. She explained everything that happened in her life to Jihye while the little one cluelessly slept in a high body temperature.

"Please save my son, her majesty. He has the Min blood in him. Jaeson will never dare to attack Elesia. Taehyung will be safe here. I am ready to give up my motherhood for his safety." She pleaded with folded hands to Jihye.

Jihye was at a crossroads. She emphasized Seoyeon and wanted to help her. Youngsung was the older brother of the Elesian emperor and the rightful heir of the throne. But he gave up his responsibility as he was a free spirit and didn't want to get binded by duties. However, he had a sick wife and a one-year-old daughter. They were forcefully wedded and as a result, he left the country. Youngsung knew the woman did no wrong so implanted his seed in her womb to give her honor as his wife. He had always loved Seoyeon. "Don't worry. I will bring him up as my own child."

Leaving her first child, the only memory of Youngsung, was nothing less than crucification to Seoyeon's heart. Her hold unconsciously tightened when Jihye took him in her arms, but she had to let go. "I am sorry, Taehyung." She kissed his forehead and left the palace.