37 👑 Unexpected meeting

Hyesoo was admiring the sword that Yoongi had given her for protection

Hyesoo was admiring the sword that Yoongi had given her for protection. The green emerald reflected the sunlight. It had been long since she had used one. She was planning to practice in the barrack grounds. Commander Namjoon would surely help her to sneak out without getting noticed by a royal soul. She was glad the Queen Mother Dowager accepted her as her daughter-in-law. She even apologized to her in the morning. She was grateful to her for saving her son.

"Queen Hyesoo?" A familiar feminine voice interrupted her thoughts. She placed aside her sword and turned around only to find Nari timidly standing by the door frame.

"Lady Nari?" She welcomed her with a smile and engulfed her in a warm hug. The latter hesitantly wrapped her hand around her. "Did you meet your brother?"

Nari shook her head and spoke, "I came to visit you the moment I was released." Hyesoo was taken aback by her words but she chose not to interrupt, "I am guilty of my deeds. What I did was very unlawful. Thank you for letting me free. I sincerely apologize for my sins. I'll go away from your lives. Please make my Yoongi happy."

"I have already forgiven you. But hey!" She smiled, "We both are his queen. You are the Empress. We can make him happy and loved together."

"I am afraid not." Nari's eyes poured tears, "Yoongi had broken off this marriage. He wants us to be only friends."

Hyesoo was speechless at her words. She never expected Yoongi to take such a drastic step. She felt sorry for Nari but she knew she had no right to force the Emperor. It was his life. The first step to a happy conjugal life is respecting the other's decision. "I am sorry. I wish things were different between us." She empathized.

Nari sniffed and wiped her tears, "I don't hold a grudge against you. Who am I to come in between two people sharing a soul? You were chosen by Fate. Your destiny is bound by the String of Fates. Can we atleast be friends?"

"Is that even a question??" Hyesoo smiled widely.

👑~👑

Seokjin was going through the financial diary of the kingdom. He had indulged himself more in work in the past three months for two reasons. Firstly, Yoongi was mentally not stable when Hyesoo was sick. Secondly, he wanted to take his mind off of Nari. He didn't even visit her because he knew he would break down or worse he would start resenting the Emperor. A prime minister should always prioritize the kingdom over the family.

"Lord Seokjin?" He looked up to see Hyesoo standing at the door. A wide smile was plastered on her face as she waited for his reply.

"Oh, Queen Hyesoo? What brings you here?" He asked while keeping away the dairy.

"How are you doing?" She walked inside the room.

"As you can see," He sighed, "Life has become busier."

Hyesoo let out a small laugh, "I have a surprise for you?"

"Surprise??"

"Yep." She turned her head towards the door, "You can come in!"