XI

Wicked Brew was the newest bar and arcade in town and it hadn't taken very long before it became the preferred college hangout

It had something for everyone, moody lighting, arcades, a slightly too-small dance floor under a giant DJ booth, the old classic bowling, and everyone's new favorites archery and axe throwing. They ID'd at the door, but Ember would have been surprised if a single one wasn't fake. In spite of Bel's repeated attempts to make Ember purchase her own fake ID, she found herself with the only yellow armband, a color that announced she was under twenty-one and boringly sober.

When the three entered the place was in full party mode, the DJ already working on the crowd that had formed on the dance floor, Ember recognized a few people from her classes, mostly girls all dressed in their most revealing outfits she waved at one or two before assuring Bel and Eric that she would meet them at the bar when she found Jude.

She dove into the haze of people. Who'd have guessed a six-foot-three model male specimen would be so hard to spot in a place like this? Even if it was dimly lit on purpose. She just hoped he wouldn't suddenly show up becau-

"Hello, again." A hand pressed lightly against the small of her back, and she went rigid, taking several deep breaths before turning to face who she hoped was Jude.

Jude was smiling down at her, with perfectly straight white teeth that would make a dentist melt. He smelled amazing too, and she recognized his cologne as Aqua Di Gio. Why is my mouth literally watering? She thought.

His eyes drifted down her face, landing on the slit on her thigh and she felt that familiar feeling of her stomach somersaulting, Christ, it was only his eyes on her and her knees had almost given out twice in a single moment.

"You look incredible. All on account of me?"

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Ember blurted out, immediately following it up with an awkward bleet of a laugh. Her eyes went wide, and she forced a smile. What the hell was she saying?!

"Is this Jude?" Bel asked when they arrived at the bar, the excitement in her voice telling Jude that Ember had obviously been talking about him.

"You brought a friend," he smiled politely.

"Two, actually." Eric joined the group and held out his hand, "great to see you again."

Jude shook his hand in greeting, but for a moment his eyes seemed to narrow in scrutiny. "You as well, Ero-"

"Er-ic!" he spluttered, and Ember arched an eyebrow at them. It seemed an easy name to remember especially if they'd met before.

She brushed it off and introduced Bel, while he greeted her Ember took the opportunity to give Jude a once over. He was in a beige sweater with slim-fitting navy slacks fitted with a brown leather belt and matching boots, but it didn't matter what he wore, she could tell that if he'd showed up in pajamas he would still look like an Adonis.