Prologue: Melbourne - Lapu-Lapu connection

This chapter is written from Ethan's point of view.

"It's been said and done,
Every beautiful thought's been already sung,
And I guess right now, here's another one—
So your melody will play on and on, with the best of 'em."

The Melbourne landscape is as stunning as how it looked like in the Australian pamphlets. I touched the window shields ahead of me, and gently wiped it. I saw the birds flying in the sky, and I instantly leaned onto it...

... without noticing an aggressive vibration from my own pocket.

I pulled it off to see the love of my life, Cherryl, to see her waking up.

"Good morning bub," she messaged me, literally 3 minutes ago.

It's 7 AM here, and she usually wakes up at 3 AM in the Philippines (6 AM in Australia), but not this late. I opened my phone to see her waking up, still in the same shirt she had been wearing last night. We spent a lot of time together when our clocks struck midnight, so I can see how groggy she was when showing me her picture.

I ran out of milk to drink, so I grabbed my glass and left for the kitchen to see my brother grabbing his own — much to my surprise, it's my own box of milk.

"Hey, that's mine, right?" I pointed at the milk he grabbed in, almost empty.

"Yup," he poured his own in his glass, completely pouring all the remaining milk.

"I'll just tell mum we're refilling milk, but don't ever do it again." I left my glass on the sink, and headed upstairs, grabbing my phone and texted her back.

Cherryl has been my girlfriend for two years, and she is on her job as a journalist in the Philippines. I haven't seen her since then, but the eagerness of both of us meeting up is still evident in our hearts.

Both of us may be busy, but I don't mind that at all. As long as I have her and we never broke up, this is the happiest moment of my life.

Both of us live 5,777 km apart from each other. I was eager and more than eager to have her again.

I remember the time that she confessed, and the moment she does, my heart melts into liquid, making it very hard to restore. My heart melted when she said the three words towards me, and I'm loving it already.

I guess Cherryl is definitely something for me. If not more than just a girlfriend to me, she's my life.

-

Originally published on the 22nd of December, 2022. Revised on the 18th of July, 2023.