Sister or CEO?

"Juliana Bianchi was rushed to the hospital today? Can you tell us what happened?", shouted one of the reporters.

Behind my aviators, I saw red. Georgiana was holding my hand. Standing by my side. I cleared my throat.

"It was a minor issue of low blood pressure. She fainted and was immediately taken to the hospital. We will release a statement as soon as we know more.That's all I have at this point. I urge you all to kindly give us some space.", I said in a cold voice.

"Miss Bianchi! Miss Bianchi! Have you and your sister patched it up after the fallout then?", some puto asked.

" We are family. Family always has each other's backs. Now if you'll excuse me."

I stepped back inside as there was an uproar of shouts for offensive questions asking who the father was and if Jules was mentally ill and rumors about me and Emir.

I wanted to scream at them. I wanted to hit somebody. Was it so difficult to be sensitive at a difficult time?

"Cal....", I said as I watched the big, muscled lawyer almost folded in half in pain. His eyes we're red. He bad been crying.

I walked upto him.

" I didn't know.", he said numbly. "I didn't know.....that she was using..... I swear I didn't know. We lived apart. We barely talked."

"It's your baby too, Caldron. You should have known. You should have talked.", I said without mercy.

" She wanted to have it alone.", he protested feebly.

"And you were clearly more than happy to shirk responsibility and let her.", I said.

" You're one to talk about responsibility. 'Cause that's rich coming from you. Where were you? If you cared so much, where were you?", he replied just as harshly.

"She loved you, Cal. She betrayed me. Yet, I am here, standing in this room with you. You know, you are the baby's father but I think but you let this happen. It's on you.", I shouted in the hallway. The nurse gave me a stern look.

" This shouting is not helping anyone.", Georgiana said. "Stop acting like insolent adolescents."

Footsteps rang across the marble floor. Bree came running towards us..
"I just heard, Sana. I am so sorry. Is she okay?"

"We don't know anything. The doctor hasn't come out of the ICU.", Georgiana replied.

My phone rang.

"Prepare a statement, Bree. Fast. I need to take this.", I ordered and moved away.

__________

"Hello!", I said greeting Jane Marconi, the head of the executive Board at Boss Lady. " It's a not a good time."

"Care to tell me why my CEO is lying in an ICU after a near fatal drug overdose?", she said without preamble.

" How do you know? We haven't made it public!", I exclaimed in surprise.

"Oh, spare me the pretense, Sana! I have eyes everywhere.", she snapped.

"We didn't know she was using. Again.", I gritted out, my jaw tight with tension.

"Just fucking amazing!", she said bitterly. " A crackhead as the CEO of the company!"

"Hey! You might be a shark Jane Marconi but so am I. It's Jules you are talking about."

It was a natural instinct to defend her. No matter what she did, she had been my sister first and she was a Bianchi.

"Oh! Drop the act Sana. Tell me she will live or we have a disaster on our hands."

"She is alive and will stay that way. I will make sure of it. In the meantime, convince the board to calm their tits. I will try to save face here. You need to make sure that the investors don't freak out.", I said impatiently.

"She may still live but she won't be CEO again.", Jane said in a deadly calm voice.

" You will do more than damage control. You will find us a way to cut ties with her which does not make us look like we fired two CEOs in two years. If you want the seat of CEO,that is."

My heart thudded at the possibility. Still, I didn't want to give an inch to a predator like Jane.

"We will see.", I said and cut the call.

                         __________