Chapter 9 Tragedy.

Y/ns pov

A week has passed since atreus and I allowed team rwby to accompany us on our mission to end this war. After traveling for so long we made it to patch. Aka ruby and yangs home town.

Atreus: "So this is patch? It seems like a nice place."

Yang: "Yea it is. But somethings off. Normally there are tones of street vendors trying to sell us stuff. But I haven't seen anyone yet."

Atreus: "I'm sure it's fine. After all maybe it's there day off."

Y/n: No....she's right boy. Something is definitely wrong here."

Atreus: "How can you tell?"

Y/n: "Something smells off."

Yang: "What do you mean Something smells off?"

Instead of answering I lead team rwby and my son over to a small cottage. As we investigate I notice that the house has bullet holes in the door. Along with that there was blood everywhere. So I use my strength to kick in the door. Only for the smell to grow worse. Slowly I enter the cabin. Only to be greeted by 3 dead bodys. A mother....a father. And there kid. Someone had murdered them in cold blood and without mercy.

Ruby: "No....this isn't right patch was supposed to be safe from grimm."

Y/n: "It wasn't grimm who attacked this town. After all grimm don't use guns."

With this observation we slowly make our way over to taiyangs home to get some answers out of him. But as we get closer I start to notice signs of a struggle. From a broken window to the door being blown off of its hinges. So I motion for ruby and the others to get behind me.

Y/n: "Somethings wrong...."

Slowly I enter the house only to see my worst fears confirmed. Blood was everywhere. But then...I see him. Taiyang Xiao long. Is laying on the couch bloodied and beaten. He had 5 knives jammed deep into his chest along with a bullet hole in his skull. Whoever did this clearly had a grudge against ruby and yang.

Y/n: "Who would do this? Why would someone murder a whole town just to get the attention of ruby and yang."

After saying that I walk out of the house and walk over to ruby and yang.

Ruby: "Well....our dads ok right? He survived the attack right?"

Y/n: "Ruby...."

Yang: "I'm sure he's fine ruby he was part of team strq so I'm sure he's ok. Right y/n?"

Yang looks at me with hope in her eyes. But I put a hand on her shoulder.

Y/n: "I'm sorry yang....he's gone."

Yang: "No.....no please god no!"

Ruby: "please tell me your joking."

I knew that they wouldn't accept it until they saw taiyangs body. So I led both girls into the house. Allowing them to see the truth with there own eyes.

Yang: "No.....please oum no!"

Yang falls to her knees as tears run down her face. Ruby meanwhile is sitting next to taiyangs body trying to shake him awake.

Ruby: "Dad. Please wake up dad!"

As both girls mourn there father I slowly walk around the house looking for anything out of the ordinary. Eventually I come across something odd....an orange leaf. The energy coming from the leaf radiated with the power of the fall maiden....this was cinders doing.

Y/n: "this attack was cinder falls doing."

As I say this Atreus and team rwby walk into the kitchen. Only to stare at the leaf.

Yang: "cinder.....your telling me she's the one who's responsible for killing my father?"

I slowly nod. Confirming the blondes suspensions.

Yang: "I'm gonna kill her. She needs to pay for what she's done."

Ruby nods in agreement.

Ruby: "i want your help y/n....please will you help us bring salem and cinder down."

I sigh softly stroking my beard before slowly nodding.

Y/n: "I'll help you..."