Chapter 8 The shackles of destiny.

Y/ns pov

After telling atreus and team rwby about my wife I stood up and went back to my room. I needed time to think of what our next move would be. After all this war wasn't going to stop. Ozma was never going to give up on destroying salem and salem was never gonna stop trying to collect the relics. But maybe....just maybe I could stop this war. Maybe I could bring ozma and salem down. I could finally make up for my past. But as I was thinking about this a knock was heard at my bedroom door.

Y/n: "hmm...?"

I change back into my armor and walk to the door opening it to reveal ruby rose. Aka the kid of my wife's killer.

Ruby: "Umm...hi can I talk to you for a few minutes in private?"

I stare at the girl before letting out a small grunt and motioning for her to come in.

Ruby: "thank you."

Y/n: "hmmp."

I let out another grunt before closing the door. Once we are alone I look at ruby.

Y/n: "What did you wanna talk about?"

Ruby: "Its....about my mom."

Y/n: "What about her?"

Ruby: "Well it's less about my mom and more about...me. you see i have silver eyes. And according to the legends im supposed to face off with salem in the final battle. I'm supposed to be the one to end her reign of terror. According to ozpin Its my destiny to end this war."

As I listen to ruby I thought about it. Here was this 15 year old girl. Who supposedly is the chosen one to end salems immortal life. She was apparently the key to ending this war.

Y/n: "Stop..."

Ruby: "I'm sorry what do you mean stop?'

Y/n: "Your fate isn't bound by this so called destiny. You are your own person ruby. You can make your own choices. You can make your own destiny."

Ruby: "But everyone's counting on me. They all think I'm going to be some great warrior like my mother. They think I'm going to become a legendary hero."

Y/n: "No....your destiny is your choice. I've defied fate many times in the past. I chose my own destiny. Your not defined by your eyes ruby. Your defined by your own actions. Your choices make up your fate. Destiny has nothing to do with it."

Ruby: "But everyone's expects me to be a huntress everyone is expecting me to defeat salem and bring peace to the world."

Y/n: "And like I said. Destiny is false. Whatever choice you make that is your destiny. Not whatever fabricated story that ozpin created for you."

Ruby: "but-"

Y/n: "No buts ruby. Your life is your own. The shackles of destiny don't define you. Only your choices can define who you are."

Ruby nods. Before standing up and leaving my room. Meanwhile I look at the leviathan axe thinking about where my choices will lead me.

Y/n: "Faye....this war is getting worse. Innocent kids are dying. So...I must ask. What do I do?"

I asked the axe. Only to have it not reply. So I set it down and lay back down in my bed drifting off into the endless void that was sleep.