prologue: The strangers

Y/ns pov

The boy and I had just arrived home from a successful hunting trip we caught some fish and atreus got lucky and killed a deer. We were both going to eat good tonight.

Atreus: "Man I can't belive we caught all of this stuff. Now we don't need to go out hunting tomorrow."

Y/n: "yes boy you did good today. And your skills weren't half bad either. Now then let's get inside. And put this stuff away."

The boy nods as we put the deer out to hang. Once that chore was done atreus put the 3 fish we caught in our makeshift fridge. I would skin the deer later. The same for the fish. For now I wanted to rest.

Y/n: "Alright boy to bed. Let's go."

Atreus let's out an annoyed sigh before speaking.

Atreus: "yes sir."

And with that the boy set his bow and quiver down before heading off to his sleeping quarters. Meanwhile I set my axe down on the ground before laying down on my bed. Slowly I let sleep overtake my body. But right as I was about to enter deep sleep I heard someone pounding at my door.

???: "cmon out I know who you are! More importantly I know what you are."

These words caused my eyes to shoot open so I quickly summon my axe to my hand. As atreus also woke up from his slumber.

Atreus: "Who is that?"

Y/n: "I dont know."

Atreus: "why do they keep saying that they know what you are?"

Y/n: "again I don't know. Now get under here."

I quickly open a trap door which led down to the basement. Atreus climbed in the small  crawlspace and I closed the trap door keeping the boy hidden from any prying eyes. Once I knew atreus was safe I went over to the door and opend it only to find a woman wearing a red dress. She had orange eyes. And a sinister smirk on her face. 2 other figures stood next to her one had gray hair and the other had green hair. Both of them were clearly following this girl like she was some sorta god.

Y/n: "what do you want?"

I asked the trio.

???: "Huh I thought you would be taller. But your him aren't you? The so called God killer?"

Y/n: "whoever you are searching for there not here. You should move on."

I turned around to walk back into my home only for the girl to speak again.

???: "Oh I think you know exactly who I'm talking about.....look here's the deal. My name is cinder fall. These are my friends emerald and mercury. We come representing salem. She wants to offer you a spot in her army."

Y/n: "I'm not interested. Like I said before whoever your searching for isn't here. So leave my home."

Cinder: "Hmm well you see that isn't an option. So unless you wanna see your boy killed I suggest you fall in line. And join up with salem...or else me and my friends here will destroy this cottage. Along with your boy. So what's it going to be?"

My eyes narrowed at cinder as I stare at the 3 strangers on my land.

Y/n: "You don't want this fight....trust me."

Cinder: "yeah....im pretty sure we do."

And with that done cinder slaps me across the face but I don't retaliate not yet. She slaps me again causing my anger to grow. Finally she goes to punch me in the face....only for me to catch her punch.

Y/n: "I warned you."

Cinder looks at me in shock as I deliver a hard punch straight to her gut sending her stumbling back. Mercury rushes twords me he starts trying to kick me....only for me to catch his foot. In mid air.

Mercury: "what the fuck?! Let go!"

I dont listen as I pull hard on the silver haired males robotic legs ripping them clean off with little to no effort. Cinder and emerald look on in horror as I summon my axe to my hands and with one downward Cleve I cut Mercury in half....killing the silver haired prick right in front of his friends.

Emerald: "HOLY SHIT MERCURY! WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE?!:

emerald screams as she looks at her now dead friend.

Y/n: "I'll give you one more chance....leave.my.home

Cinder: "You basterd mercury was actually a useful pawn I'll kill you!"

Cinder rushes twords me. She summons 2 blades made of fire. And with little hesitantion she trys to attack me. But her blades are blocked by my axe as I glare at her.

Cinder: "I'm gonna kill you! And your dumbass boy!"

The firey maiden yells. She keeps trying to attack me with her swords but each of her attacks is met with a parry from my axe. I knew that I could end this fight here and now but I already killed one of her friends. If I kill her or emerald....well salem would turn her attention twords me. Instead of ozma. And I refused to put atreus in that situation.

Y/n: "enough! This is pointless!"

I deliver a punch to cinders jaw before throwing my axe at her. Cinder narrowly blocks the attack only to have me recall the axe to my hand. And with this chance I deliver a powerful downward Cleve. Cinders eyes widen as she struggles to stay standing.

Y/n: "you won't touch my son! I won't let you!"

And with those words I start swinging my axe at her causing cinder to go on the defensive. Meanwhile emerald just watched. She was petrified. This guy had just killed her friend mercury without hesitantion. And with little effort. Cinder didn't stand a chance. Meanwhile cinder kept fighting against me. But it wasn't even a fight. I swung her around like a ragdoll.

Y/n: "your pathetic. Do you really think you can beat me?"

Cinder looks up at me as she spits up blood.

Cinder: "You basterd....I sware one day I'm going to kill you!"

And with that emerald. And cinder ran off leaving me alone with Mercury's dead body. And so I grab the now lifeless male and throw his body into a fire pit. Before heading back inside. Of my house to check on atreus.