11

"I want you in my arms. Oh, let me hold you. I'll never let you go again like I did." ~ Until I Found You [Stephen Sanchez]

Maisie feels peaceful when she wakes up. For the first time in a long time, she was able to rest easily through the night.

However, the peaceful mindset is broken when she finds herself in a bear-hug, Jungkook's muscular arms wrapped tightly around her body.

She recalls last night. How she begged for him to stay after her nightmare.

"Fuck," she mutters, her eyes shutting as she winces.

She tries sitting up slowly, but she only manages to straddle him before his hands go to her thighs and his fingers dig into her skin, the protective hold causing her face to burn.

Well, if he wasn't going to let her go in his sleep, she could at least study him, right?

The scar on his cheek is still there. She curses inwardly. She should've known it was him from the very beginning.

Her eyes move downward to his lips, his naked chest, and those beautiful tattoos all over his arm. She hesitantly moves her finger to the tiger lily tattoo, tracing the petals gently.

"Maisie," he says, voice groggy and deep as his eyes crack open. "What're you doing?"

"I, uh—" her voice cuts short when his hands slide up, cupping the sides of her upper thighs. He cocks his head to the side, and she hates how perfect he looks. How his hair is messy and his lips puffy and god, did he have to sleep with no shirt on?

She suddenly remembers their position and crawls off the bed quickly, placing her face in her hands as she faces away from him.

What the fuck was she doing? Begging him to stay, waking up with him in the morning like this?

People like her don't get moments like this. People like her don't get happy endings.

She hears Jungkook crawl off the bed and takes her hands off her face, preparing for the worst.

"Good morning," he simply chuckles, caressing underneath her chin gently as he walks by.

Maisie ignores her burning face and goes down the stairs behind him, ignoring the feelings of butterflies in her chest.

A frightened gasp escapes her lips when she saw two men sitting on the stools of the island in the kitchen, and she quickly grabs the lamp off the coffee table.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Jungkook shouts, standing in front of her with his hands up. "Wait, Maisie! They're my friends!"

Jimin and Taehyung look at Maisie with wide eyes and cheeks full of pancakes, looking like two deers caught in headlights.

Maisie's eyes squint, her hold on the lamp still tight.

"Give me the damn lamp," Jungkook mutters, grabbing it from her before sighing and turning around. "Maisie, this is Taehyung and Jimin. Who should not be here? What the fuck, guys?"

"We didn't know you'd have a guest," Taehyung says, raising his hands in defense.

"And it's your fault for giving us an extra key," Jimin shrugs before smiling sweetly. "Hello, Maisie. It's nice to meet you."

Maisie nods shyly and squeezes her fingers into her palms. "Sorry about that. I thought you may have been the people from last night."

"What do you mean?" Jimin frowns.

"Someone crashed the party we went to last night," Jungkook clarifies, going straight for the coffee machine. "Cut the lights and a few shots were fired, but I don't know if they hit anyone."

"Jungkook, can I borrow your phone?" Maisie asks quickly. "I just need to know if my family is okay."

Jungkook nods, tossing her his phone before grabbing a pancake and biting more than half of it.

Taehyung and Jimin both grin at him when Maisie leaves the room.

"What?" Jungkook mutters through his pancake.

"That's Maisie," Taehyung starts.

"Isn't it?" Jimin finishes.

Taehyung and Jimin both look at him with a suspicious smirk and Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Shut up," he mutters.

Jimin and Taehyung both exclaim like schoolgirls and Jungkook scoffs.

"Does she remember you?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook smiles into his coffee mug and the two boys squeal again.

Maisie walks back into the kitchen and Jimin and Taehyung both slap each other, trying to calm down.

"They're all safe," Maisie says with a big smile.

"Good," Jungkook smiles softly. "You need a ride home?"

"That would be nice," she laughs, reaching for a coffee cup.

Jungkook hums and reaches his arm up to grab a mug easily before handing it to her.

"You know, we could always hang out," Taehyung suggests. "If you're not busy, Maisie."

Jungkook gives Taehyung a menacing look, but the elder just grins.

"I mean, I don't wanna impose..." Maisie says shyly.

"You're not," Jimin reassures her. "Right, Jungkook?"

"Right," Jungkook says, looking at his hyungs with squinted eyes. "Don't feel pressured to stay here if you don't want to Maisie. My hyungs are annoying."

"HEY!"

"I don't know," Maisie mumbles shyly.

"We could go play paintball," Taehyung says, smirking. "I bet I'd beat your ass, Maisie."

Jungkook chokes on his coffee and gives Taehyung a warning look, but his elder doesn't budge.

Maisie raises her eyebrow. "You think I'll lose?"

"There's only one way to find out," Taehyung shrugs.

Maisie grins, her eyes dangerous. "Let's go then."