Chapter 4

ok, so here's the next chapter. there's not much happening, but it is never important, so please read, and let me know what you think. i would greatly appreciate that:)

remember, vote, rate, comment, fan??

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO TheEverLasting

                                                                           +++++++++++

Chapter 4

When I finally woke up the next morning, I felt a hard surface leaning against my head, and realised it was my bedroom door. That’s when all the events of last night came flooding back to me. Bring offered a job and an apartment from Coach, making a sandwich, Cayden coming over, and me, crying myself to sleep because my parents couldn’t care less about me.

I groaned, wishing that the ending of last night could’ve been different. And by different, I mean not running into my room crying in front of someone because of my parents. That’s the worst humiliation that I could ever go through.

I began getting up, wanting to go into the bathroom and wash away the feelings of last night. I open my bedroom door, walk out into the hall, and into the bathroom. I stepped into the shower, completely washing away everything from last night. When I got out, I dried my hair, got changed, and brushed my teeth with one of the brand new toothbrushes that was lying in the drawer.

When I walked back out into the apartment, I saw Cayden lying on the couch, sleeping. I can’t believe that he actually stayed the night. After that scene that I created, and all the crying, I thought that he would have left. I started the coffee machine, letting the little drops of the instant coffee begin to fill the glass.

I then walked over to Cayden, being careful not to wake him in the process. I kneeled down beside him, just looking at his face. He looked so peaceful, almost like nothing bag in the world could even touch him. I really wished I could feel like that. Or at least have someone be able to make me feel like that. But, this was me we’re talking about. So that’s never going to happen. But there was just something about Cayden that made me feel safe. I mean, I hardly knew the guy, but just the fact that he actually stayed the night when most guys would go home truly says something about him. And it was something that I really liked.

I reached my hand out, and wiped a few strands of his blond hair that had fallen into his eyes aside, now truly being able to see the defined masculine features. He was a very good looking guy, there was no denying that. But what set him aside from all the others was obvious; he was sweet, and had a good heart. I’m not saying that other guys don’t have that. It’s just that if they do, they don’t usually show it.

I let my fingers linger a few seconds longer than necessary, causing Cayden to stir. I moved my hand away quickly, hoping that I hadn’t just woken him up. But, unfortunately, his eyelids fluttered open, taking in his surroundings, before his eyes finally landed on me, a smile forming on his lips.

“Morning,” he said.

“Morning. Sorry for waking you up,” I said, feeling a slight blush form on my cheeks.

“That’s alright. So, how are you feeling today?” he asked. I looked away from him, not wanting to meet his gaze.

“Better, thanks,” I said, almost in a whisper. I could feel Cayden’s eyes burning into me, but I refused to look at him. I could feel hot tears beginning to form, threatening to spill over the edges. I felt Cayden put his can under my chin, forcing me to look at him. I felt the tears fall down my cheeks, leaving stairs where they traveled. Cayden raised his other hand, and wiped away the tears that had fallen, staring intently into my eyes.

“Come with me. I have an idea,” Cayden said. He leaped up off the couch like a 4 year old on a sugar rush, pulling me along with him. Gosh, I wish I had this kind of energy this early in the morning.

“Cayden, where are we going?” I asked as we raced out the front door, and down the stairs.

“I know just the thing that’ll help you with all this anger that you’re holding in.”

“I’m not holding in any anger, Cayden. Now will you let go of me. I have coffee making upstairs, and I really want it,” I whined. I was tired, I needed my caffeine to wake me up, then I’ll be able to keep up with Cayden’s energy.

“Too bad, we have to do this now, because the gym’s going to open soon, and since it’s a Saturday, people are going to be showing up soon.”

“And why are we going to the gym?” I asked.

“Like I said, I know a way to get rid of all that anger that you’re holing in.” When I raised my eyebrows at him, and he looked at me, finally understanding that I had no idea what he’s talking about, he sighed, and continued explaining himself. “I’m going to teach you how to box. That’s the best way to get rid of any anger that you’re holding up inside yourself.”

I gasped and stopped dead in my tracks. I didn’t want to learn how to box. People get hurt in boxing, why would I want to get hurt even more than I already have. I just shook my head, letting him know that I’m not going to do this. Cayden let out a frustrated sigh, showing me that he wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

“Come on, Cindy. I want to help, so let me help. I know that you’re angry with your parents, that was evident last night. But you can’t keep crying over them. You have to let that anger out some way, and the best way is to fight a punching bag.”

“But I’m not anger with my parents,” I said. Cayden just looked at me, raising his eyebrows disbelievingly at me. “I’m not angry, I’m furious with them. It’s their fault I am the way I am. That I live in this god awful neighbourhood. I blame them for everything because that’s the truth. I want to finish high school, and get a scholarship, become a doctor, and get away from them and never come back!” I nearly yelled. That was the first time that I have ever mentioned any of that out loud. Cayden just stood there, with a triumphant smile on his face.

“I told you, you were angry,” he said. I glared at him, hating the fact that he still thought that I was angry, when I just told him that I wasn’t. Cayden put his hands up almost as if I was about to attack him. “Sorry, I mean furious. Which, in my opinion, is the same as angry, but worse.”

“Fine, whatever. But I still don’t want to fight a punching bag.”

“Aww, come on, Cindy. Did you not just feel good getting all of that off of your chest. Finally saying it out loud.”

“How did you know I’ve never said that out loud before?” No one, and I mean no one knew anything about that, but that doesn’t mean that they would know something like that. For all they know, I could’ve had a diary that I wrote that in, or said out loud in front of a mirror.

“Because it’s obvious. But isn’t it a good feeling. The feeling that nothing can get you down. That you feel empowered, like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.” I just nodded my head. I had no idea how he knew all of this about me, but it felt like he knew me for so long, that he just picked up on every little thing.

“So, then we’re going to box, and I’m going to train you.”

“Fine,” I said. “But if I hurt myself even once, it’s going to be on your head,” I said.

“Deal,” Cayden said. He unlocked the door, and walked into the gym. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what was about to come, and the new empowerment that Cayden is promising me that I would get.