Chapter 3

hey guys, heres the next chapter. not much to say about it. its not that interesting, but i just thought that it was pretty important. so, please let me know what you think. thanks:)

vote, rate, comment, fan??

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO TheEverLasting

                                                                                     +++++++

Chapter 3

Once I finally finished all the filing, I took the key that Coach left me, and went upstairs to my new apartment.

I had to walk up quite a few stairs, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. When I finally reached the door, I put the key in it, and the door opened.

I walked in, and was actually shocked at how much nicer this apartment is as appose to my parents apartment. It was all just one main room, with a bedroom and bathroom in a separate room to the left. The family room, which the front door opened into, had a couch and an older TV in it, with the kitchen shortly to the left.

I closed the door behind me, and walked into the kitchen. I haven’t eaten anything since lunch time today, and it was now past midnight, so I was pretty hungry. I opened up the fridge, and there was some jam and bread sitting there. So I pulled them out and placed them on the counter.

After I finished making my sandwich, put everything away and cleaned up. I was just about to take a bite of my sandwich when someone knocked on the door. I heard my stomach growl right when I was about to put my sandwich down, and decided that I wouldn’t answer the door and just eat. But, it happened again. Right when I was about to take a bite of my sandwich, someone knocked on the door. Feeling annoyed, I walked over, and opened the door.

And standing there in front of me was Cayden, leaning against the doorframe. I just stood there, annoyed for the fact that he interrupted my eating time.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I said, hoping he could hear the annoyance in my voice.

“I just thought that I’d come by and welcome you to your new apartment.”

“So, you decided to come and welcome me to my new apartment at 12:30 at night?” He just shrugged, almost as if it was no big deal.

“I thought that it was better than coming over really early in the morning. So, are you going to invite me in or what?”

“Actually, I don’t invite strangers into my house.”

“But I’m not a stranger,” Cayden said, a smile playing to his lips.

“Actually, yes you are. I barely know you. So for all I know you could be some kind of psycho out to kill me. And I’m just not willing to take that risk.” Cayden laughed. I don’t understand how that thought could even be remotely funny. Unless it was true, and he just didn’t want me to know it.

“That’s an interesting thought. But, with any of the guys at the gym, I guarantee none of them are going to kill you. Now, are you going to be a good hostess and invite me in, or leave me out here in the cold.” I sighed heavily, hating the fact that he was keeping me from my sandwich. So, against my better judgement, I moved to the side, and allowed Cayden into the apartment.

Cayden walked past me, and went to sit on the couch. I walked over to the counter, and finally picked up my sandwich, and took a bite. I didn’t really know what Cayden wanted, and I’m not to sure that I want to know. But, I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to get any sleep until he left. And I sure hoped that was soon.

“So, what exactly are you doing here?” I finally asked Cayden, once the silence became unbearable. Cayden finally looked at me, almost as if he wasn’t expecting me to ask him anything.

After what seemed like forever, and what looked like a lot of thinking on his part, he finally decided to answer my question.

“I just wanted an excuse to come and see you,” Cayden finally answered. I nodded my head, pretending like I understood why he wanted to come here, although I didn’t understand why he wanted to come and see me.

I picked up my plate, and brought it over to the sink, and waked it. I put it on the other side so that it could dry, and when I turned around, I found Cayden standing right behind me, so close that I could see every little feature on his face.

I took a sharp breath, not knowing what to do next. So I just stood there, staring at Cayden, until I saw a smirk appear on his face. Typical. I rolled my eyes, and pushed his back, which only make him take a step back, which I wasn’t too surprised, since he was one of the boxers at the gym.

“Feisty, are we?” Cayden said, obviously enjoying every minute of this. I narrowed my eyes at him, hoping that he would just take a hint and leave. But that only made the smirk on his face grow even bigger, making my blood boil.

“Would you just leave already?” I nearly sneered.

“No, I think I’ll stick around for awhile longer.”

“Why? I bet your parents want to home anyways. Most parents aren’t too happy with their kids being out this late.”

“Yea, well your parents aren’t out looking for you.”

“Yea, well my parents couldn’t care less about me, so there’s a difference.” Cayden just stared wide eyed at me, almost like he had no idea what to say.

I could feel myself beginning to calm down, and my heart wrenched. It was the truth. It was all the truth. My parents couldn’t care less about me. I could be dead in a ditch somewhere, and they wouldn’t care. They would probably be happy that they don’t have to deal with me anymore.

I could feel hot tears begin to sting in my eyes, and I didn’t want to start crying in front of Cayden. I don’t like crying in front of anyone. So I walked past him, not wanting to look at that sympathetic look on his face.

“Just please leave.” I said, feeling the tears fall from my eyes. I wiped them away, and ran into the bedroom, and shut the door behind me, sliding down to the floor, allowing the tears to fall more freely.

On the other side of the door, I could hear Cayden asking if I was alright, and to open the door. But I just eventually tuned him out, allowing my eyes to finally close, and allowing myself to be consumed by the quiet, peaceful darkness.