Chapter 1

ok, so a couple of days ago, i wached the movie Cinderella Man, and i thought it was awesome. and so i got an idea. why not make a story about a girl like cinderella and boxing. so here's my idea for the story. so, please, let me know what you think. that would be greatly appreciate.

vote, rate, comment, fan??

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO TheEverLasting

                                                                          +++++++                                            

Chapter 1

Have you ever been told that you can’t do something, because it’s a mans sport? Well, I have. Many times. But, that never got me down.

I’ve been through so much pain, cruelty, and heartbreak. But I’ve made it through, just like many women do. But it wasn’t easy.

So here’s my story, of everything that happened, and how I made it to the top with my dignity, honour, and the love of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I continued walking down the street, with my head hung and my hood up over my head. It was raining, and I just wanted to get home before my parents, so that way I could hide in my room without having to talk to them at all. So, I just continued walking as fast as I can, trying to make it home in time.

I listened to the sound of the cars passing by, the horns honking when someone gets in their way. The sound was soothing; something I had grown up with, and have come to love.

I could hear voices from across the road. I turned my head to see who was there, if it was maybe someone I knew. But, instead, it was a family of four, walking down the street, with giant smiles on their faces; like the perfect family. My heart squeezed. I wanted that. I wanted a family that I would be happy in. Somewhere I would feel important, and loved. But I didn’t have that, and I knew that I would never have that, not now, not ever.

I finally came to the front of my broken down apartment building, and immediately, I could hear my parents yelling at each other, probably over something really little. So I kept on walking, not wanting to hear my parents fight.

I ran up the street and rounded the corner and continued running, wanting to get as far away from my house as possible. After five minutes of running, I finally stopped, and started walking. I knew I couldn’t go home tonight, so I was going to have to find somewhere I would be able to stay. But where, I have no idea.

I kept walking, and spotted my friends walking in the opposite direction as me.

“Hey, Cindy,” my friend Danny said.

“Hey,” I said. They all stopped with giant smiles on their faces, and alcohol radiating from their breath like they were in a bar. I nearly choked on the smell, and stepped back from them, trying to catch my breath.

“What’s wrong?” Jason, my other friend asked while slurring his words.

“You guys stink of alcohol, that’s what’s wrong,” I said.

“Aww, come on Cindy. We don’t smell that bad,” Danny whined.

“Well, obviously, you can’t smell yourself, so you’re just going to have to take it from me that you guys smell like a bar, and not in a good way.” They all just stared at me, completely dazed, not even caring about what I said. I just shook my head and walked through them, continuing my way up the street. They tried calling after me, but I just ignored them, knowing that they wouldn’t follow me.

The only problem was, that since my friends were drunk, I couldn’t stay at any of their houses, so I now had to find somewhere to go. But around here, there’s not many places to go. But I still continued walking, being hopeful that I would find something.

About a half an hour after I started walking, I could see some light up ahead, and I heard some voices. It was almost 11 o’clock, so I had no idea who could’ve been in there at this time of night, but I still continued to walk up the street until I came to the spot where the light was radiating from.

I walked in through the front door, and was instantly bombarded with a sea of boys. No, correction, young men. They were all hitting punching bags that hung from the ceiling in a row. Some were jumping rope, while others were fighting in a ring. I just stood there in the doorway, completely dumbstruck. I didn’t know what to think. I mean, who would have thought that all these guys would be here at 11 o’clock at night, fighting.

“Like what you see?” I heard a male voice say. I turned to see where the voice was coming from, only to see an older man, about 6’2, with white hair and a slight build, standing right next to me. He stared down at me with the kindest brown eyes I have ever seen.

“Well, what exactly am I seeing?” I asked. I’ve seen things like this. But for all I knew, this could be some new kind of karate or something. With out generation, you never know.

“Boxing. These boys are in training,” the man said.

“Training for what?”

“The Finals. The biggest competition of the year.”

“Oh.” I didn’t know what else to say. I mean, what else was there to say. I’m standing in a gym with a bunch of guys, who are training to compete in a boxing tournament.

I then began hearing the old man start talking again, but didn’t realize it until he was done talking, and expecting me to answer him.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” I asked. The old man let out a sigh.

“I asked what you were doing here?”

“Oh. I didn’t want to go home, and I was just walking, and saw the lights from here, and thought I’d check it out since I have time.” The man nodded his head.

“Alright, but why don’t you want to go home?” I looked away from him. I didn’t want to answer. I don’t need anyone to know about my situation at home, that my parents are always yelling and don’t care about me. So how am I suppose to tell a complete stranger that, when I won’t even tell my own friends that?

“It’s complicated.”

“Alright. Well, how about this. If you work here for me, that would be just washing the towels, and doing some office work. Than I’ll let you live in the apartment upstairs.” I looked up at him. I couldn’t believe it. Was he really offering for me to live here if I work for him? Well, obviously he was since he was looking at me expectantly.

“Alright,” I said.

“Fantastic. Now, what’s your name?”

“Cindy Capps. And what should I call you, sir?” I asked.

“Coach,” he said. “Welcome to the Boxing Club.”